Burnt out from studying and still get crap marks!! (1 Viewer)

ckcalvin

HSC
what the hell is wrong with me i studied hard yet still have bad marks/ what should i do to change this?? i also stress so much in exam that i start forgetting things..
please help 08'09 im in yr 11 now and doing shit in maths despite studying lots

q3thefish

HSC
your study pattern/style isnt working for u then

The Normal teen

HSC
I can relate to this heaps, i wish there were more topics about this... I feel like i've missed something at the beginning of the year which makes things extremely hard for me to get my grades up. I've tried so many ways to get back up, but still dunno what's going on.

I'm just glad i'm not the only one, try feeling like the only one for 5 months, I started assuming i had mental illness...

EDIT: yeah well what do you do if you haven't found ur study pattern after 5 months of trying to find it, i started assuming it's just a wild goose chase. Feel like i'm turning into a madhouse which i never ever believed i would. i'm a school captain for god sakes, i'm the one who got 2nd best academic student in my year level last year, what the hell am i doing..?

I'm in year 12.

Last edited:

danal353

HSC
what the hell is wrong with me i studied hard yet still have bad marks/ what should i do to change this?? i also stress so much in exam that i start forgetting things..
i think it might be the stress. I have a friend who's estimate in year 11 was 98.8 - 99.2 and then she kept stuffing up in year 12 even though she studied harder, cause she was stressed.

a girl in the year above me had an estimate of 99.95 and ended up getting a UAI of 99.2 because she was so stressed she pretty much collapsed during her english exam.. she came in to warn us about it

maybe if you calm down and study smart, not hard (not possible to study smart and hard apparently)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You're in Yr 11 - as long as your studying hard, and getting into the 'work ethic' it really doesn't matter what marks you're getting. That being said, it would be nice to get decent grades. What school do you go to?

lychnobity

HSC
If it's for maths, what I find is going over the basic (absolutely basic, like differentiating 7x5) skills first, then progressing to harder problems slowly. It'll take a lot of time, but doing things slowly and steadily helps things "sink in". Like what lots of people say, "I get it, but I don't get it" - it's a matter of having a good enough grasp of the 'theory' being taught, then being able to apply it.

Problem: you're not understanding enough to apply a certain concept.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)