• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

burnt out (1 Viewer)

jessi90

HSC
So I feel burnt out, especially since working very hard in term 1 and this term. I just dont have the energy to do anything, which is bad since half yearlies are next week! I sleep for about 7 hours each night and have the occassional V but still feeling a bit tired. I dont have the motivation to do any work anymore. Anyone else in the same situation and what could possibly be done to help this case?

Foxodi

HSC
well, I think I will get 60% in the 3u test I just sat.....
I geuss not burnt out, but extremely emo and disappointed that I'm treating the half yearlys like a joke when I should be taking it way more seriously :/ I geuss I'll get a wake up call next term when I get all my crap results.

danz90

HSC
Sometimes I feel like that too. To get motivation I usually think about what I'll be rewarded with in the future if I work hard and put effort in now... and try to put passion into my learning. Look at doing work as expanding your knowledge and understanding instead of a daunting task.. it helps.

HSC
i'm like that. i've put precious little effort into my subjects this year. it's difficult because i don't know what i want to do yet, so there's nothing to motivate me.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
i feel kind of burnt out, and I'm kinda kicking myself coz if I wasn't so lazy and had written out my notes before I wouldn't be in this situation. I guess a solution is to work strategically - sus out exactly what's in the exam and just study that rather than everything. More time to sleep then. . .

.x.Cookie.x.

HSC
I had heaps of energy today.
In hospitality today the boys cooked a bbq and the girls made dessert and some randoms made a salad.
The dessert was some pudding, didn't work. It was pretty much chocolate + sugar + more chocolate topped off with icecream and more sugar.
Then we were being retards and pouring sugar into small glasses and eating it all in one go. Which was dumb because we had double math after that. So we didn't do anywork and we just walked around the school laughing all afternoon.

Some of the kids in my class... well.. the entire two boys in my class are treating the exams as a joke. I'll spend all weekend studying for my exams next week.

I don't think i feel burnt out. I also don't think i'm as stressed as i thought i would be. Maybe after my crappy half yearly results i will be.

Taskan

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
i'm like that. i've put precious little effort into my subjects this year. it's difficult because i don't know what i want to do yet, so there's nothing to motivate me.
I know how you feel, I've got the same idea. Ironically enough, my brother used that to motivate himself, got a UAI above 99.

I'm sure I'll get a wake up call when i find out I've screwed up my half- yearlies.

So, no, I'm not burnt out, far from it, in some ways a pity, because I know I'm not working hard enough, anyway, I should stop whining and get back to work.

HSC
Taskan said:
I know how you feel, I've got the same idea. Ironically enough, my brother used that to motivate himself, got a UAI above 99.

I'm sure I'll get a wake up call when i find out I've screwed up my half- yearlies.
i was going to do that, tell myself "well, since you don't know what you want to do get the highest you possibly can to open up your options" and stuff.

but yeah, like you i'm waiting for my (almost definitely horrible) half yearly marks to shock me into actually doing something. of course doing well would be nice, but it won't stop me from being lazy.

Wesker

HSC
N/A
Burning out sucks, you are left so amotive, but what really kills you is the fact that you know you could be doing work to help achieve your goal.

To all those who are burnt out or burning out:
Its important to work hard, but it's even more important that you take some time for yourself; Take a Small amount of your school week time (such as an hour or two) to relax and do whatever it is that helps you unwind.

Here are some suggestions:
Do some exercise.
Go hang with some friends.
Play some video games.
Play a musical instrument.
Go Meditate.
Ect.

I hope this helps for all those who are burt or burning out.

Peace.

Taskan

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
i was going to do that, tell myself "well, since you don't know what you want to do get the highest you possibly can to open up your options" and stuff.

but yeah, like you i'm waiting for my (almost definitely horrible) half yearly marks to shock me into actually doing something. of course doing well would be nice, but it won't stop me from being lazy.
I know, lol, the only subject i'm actually confident in is Maths (General), lol, i'll never stop being lazy with that, its just too easy. i dropped down from pulling my hair out and screaming "what does this mean" to general, where its: this is just too easy, what am i missing? it must be something major.

Anyway, when I asked my brother what his motivation was , and he told me in almost the exact same words you just used, except for the "and stuff"

Edit: as you can see from my sig. I have some idea now, but its all a bit flimsy

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
Taking days off once in a while are really helpful with this. Either you go out and do something you enjoy, or you stay at home, mooch around in your trackies and eat icecream for breakfast, or you use the time to sleep. Works wonders. If you set aside a day when you're allowed to do this, you don't waste half the day putting yourself down for procrastinating shamelessly, and you get some of your energy back.

HSC
Taskan said:
I know, lol, the only subject i'm actually confident in is Maths (General), lol, i'll never stop being lazy with that, its just too easy. i dropped down from pulling my hair out and screaming "what does this mean" to general, where its: this is just too easy, what am i missing? it must be something major.

Anyway, when I asked my brother what his motivation was , and he told me in almost the exact same words you just used, except for the "and stuff"

Edit: as you can see from my sig. I have some idea now, but its all a bit flimsy
that happened to a few people in my group. they dropped to gen maths, then just dropped it completely. lol i hate all maths, even general. i'm better at the essay subjects, i think, i just can't think in numbers.

yeah, a couple of people have said BA to me, so i've thought about that too... i was thinking bachelor of commerce a while ago but i'm pretty sure economics and maths are prerequisites. right now though my plan is a gap year, so i won't be as burnt out at uni, and i'll have time to decide what to do.

cs01001

HSC
I am semi burnt out after the half yearlies, somehow I wasn't intensely panicing during teh exam periods as before. But rather took them one by one as they came. Is this normal? or a sign of something negative...? :(

danz90

HSC
I actually feel quite burnt out today... and I've got two exams to go... ughh man. I just feeel soo tired and have no motivation to study.... lack of energy.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
I only burn out if i leave everything until the last minute...
which is kinda what i'm doing now, so im fucked...

Taskan

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
that happened to a few people in my group. they dropped to gen maths, then just dropped it completely. lol i hate all maths, even general. i'm better at the essay subjects, i think, i just can't think in numbers.

yeah, a couple of people have said BA to me, so i've thought about that too... i was thinking bachelor of commerce a while ago but i'm pretty sure economics and maths are prerequisites. right now though my plan is a gap year, so i won't be as burnt out at uni, and i'll have time to decide what to do.
I was thinking that, but then again, I have no idea what I'd do for a year, so i thought it might not be a good idea. I suppose I could get a job...... And I like history, so I could just do a BA in that.

anyways, this is all a bit off topic, on topic, I'm feeling a bit tired today, as i have to get it all together for Chem exam on Tuesday, and AH speech on Wednesday. cant wait till half- yearlies are over.

danz90

HSC
Taskan said:
anyways, this is all a bit off topic, on topic, I'm feeling a bit tired today, as i have to get it all together for Chem exam on Tuesday, and AH speech on Wednesday. cant wait till half- yearlies are over.
I'm in the same boat.... this is the last leg of the race (metaphorically speaking) and im just so drained of energy... and the half yearlies are nearly over... i just can't wait.. 3 week holidays after them.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I am totally burnt out. I had my Extension 2 Maths and Japanese exams today. In Ext. 2, I gave up on the last question and sat there for 20 mins staring into space. Same thing happened in Japanese, but on the second question. I've barely studied for these exams and am hoping that my Mid Course exam results will be a wake-up call and make me actually so this thing known as "studying". (*GASP!*)

So yeah, burnt out like you wouldn't believe. But only one exam to go before school holidays. =]

I'm all for a GAP year, and my mum doesn't mind as long as I end up going to uni. I need a year off to earn money and just be a normal, non-studying (I use that term loosely) individual. *cough*18th birthday*cough*

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
DownInFlames said:
Taking days off once in a while are really helpful with this. Either you go out and do something you enjoy, or you stay at home, mooch around in your trackies and eat icecream for breakfast, or you use the time to sleep. Works wonders. If you set aside a day when you're allowed to do this, you don't waste half the day putting yourself down for procrastinating shamelessly, and you get some of your energy back.
really like this idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)