• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BusComp dead, BBusBscit (2 Viewers)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well IMO, .NET will provide you with something more beneficial than IMP/POTI, but yeh it's up to you :p

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
Huratio said:
Projects are only allowed to be taken on merit aren't they?
Hmm?

jasee said:
Well IMO, .NET will provide you with something more beneficial than IMP/POTI, but yeh it's up to you :p
Oh, no doubt about that. But right now, programming is the last thing I want to touch/do. IBT was very wrong on my behalf, it's not something I want to do/am going to use. If I was asked about my proficiency in J2EE/.NET by an employer, I'd tell them straight out I'm poor with it and don't think I'd b of any use in the area specifically :p

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
ragnarok said:
Jim Underwood said something about looking at the marks in your other sub-major subjects as an assessment to grant you entry into the Projects.

You'll have to ask about that one though, I'm not sure if they do it or not (I don't think the Project would be a popular choice at all).

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
ragnarok said:
Hmm?

Oh, no doubt about that. But right now, programming is the last thing I want to touch/do. IBT was very wrong on my behalf, it's not something I want to do/am going to use. If I was asked about my proficiency in J2EE/.NET by an employer, I'd tell them straight out I'm poor with it and don't think I'd b of any use in the area specifically :p
Well looking at your previous marks, I'd say you are quite alright at programming (better than most people in your course I'd say). In that case, when asked that question in an interview, you should probably say that you have a good understanding of the topic, though don't want to persue a career in that area. I personally wouldn't say you are bad at it, as most employers in IT do look for people who have a good understand of all topic areas. Just something to keep in mind!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)