Bush/city & Dario Fo (1 Viewer)

Hannah

UNSW - Arts
HSC
[rant]
Is anyone here doing these subjects?
They're driving me insane.....

I actually love Fo's work, but the essay questions I've been given are all really broad and I won't know what to expect :(

Bush and the city though *shudders*
I don't think, if they sat down and thought about it for another 10 years they could have come up with a worse topic to study.....
The Doll and Brumby Innes = worst plays ever!

They're driving me insane!!
[/rant]

~bec~

geez tell me about it

i can't stand bush and the city
i am sure that dramatically they are wonderful
but in terms of entertainment....they are severely lacking

Fo's work is fine
but the questions...they can be so random....

hmm well, got an exam tomorrow...
should probably you know....study

UniGirl

Guys Guys Guys!

I studied both of these texts last year for my HSC. The easiest way for both topics is to work out the themes and issues of them both. Example: Bush and City: The bush is masculine and strong in comparison the cty is feminine and fragile. Now you need to find examples in your texts that demonstrate these themes. Example: Brumby is typical bush character.
Dario Fo: you need to do similar for this one and for any question you can relate it to the themes and techniques Fo uses.
Goodluck and don't stress over it, it's not worth that many marks.

nustabell

HSC
Re: Guys Guys Guys!

UniGirl said:
I studied both of these texts last year for my HSC. The easiest way for both topics is to work out the themes and issues of them both. Example: Bush and City: The bush is masculine and strong in comparison the cty is feminine and fragile. Now you need to find examples in your texts that demonstrate these themes. Example: Brumby is typical bush character.
Dario Fo: you need to do similar for this one and for any question you can relate it to the themes and techniques Fo uses.
Goodluck and don't stress over it, it's not worth that many marks.
hey, any chance you could post some stuff about dario fo? like the themes and techniques.... what's with the autoriduzione or whatever it is..

thanks heaps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)