bush's comments on our politics (1 Viewer)

400miles

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like telling Bush to fuck off out of Australian politics? How could he tell the world that Australia pulling troops out of a fucked up war be disastrous? How could he say that before an Australian election? What right does he have to tell Australia how to run it's country?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
He acts like he owns the world.

But, he can say whatever he wants.... there is free speech in america.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
He acts like he owns the world.
Well part of it anyway.. he's leading all the little sheep along (ie Howard :rolleyes: )

welll its better than the alternative......look at iraq when he doesnt like ur leader he invades your country and kills u......................atleast he is giving us warning :)

But yeah like i said in my blurb under this country sux..................i suggest we vote for latham...........just to pisss offf bush and to undermine the war on terror....

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I really hope this backfires and everyone votes for latham or someone else other than Howard just to spite Bush.

He ought to keep his nose out of foreign politics and stop trying to run the world. That is why Americans is so hated around the world, they try to control the word

enlighted for once you are right :)

It will be good to undermine the war on terrror. Terrorism is one of the only interesting things to watch on tv and i have foxtel and terrorism is still the best.

But i dont think latham is winning our election i think john howard is just loosing.................... like no one really gives a shit about latham.

If me and you ran for the election we would have half a chance of winning.

santaslayer

HSC
He is entilitled to his own opinion. Whether we accept it as a nation is another question. :)

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
I hope im not going to get bashed up for this, but I honestly think that terrorism is being overrated in whats most dangerous to society. For one thing, too much money is being spent exceedingly in Defence, and not on other domestic issues.
I wish Bush would fuck off, he's a retard, and thats an insult to the retarded. If he wants oil so badly, he shouldn't mask it under a democratic pilgrammage/Operation undying freedom or whatever its called. And as much as I support Liberal, our involvement was a dumb idea (though I do agree with ceasing Saddam Houssains regime, our continuing presence there is unnecessary).

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
mm, somehow I think that if other world leaders were publically criticising Bush at this stage before their election, he'd cause a BIG uproar over it.

Originally posted by Persephone87
If he wants oil so badly, he shouldn't mask it under a democratic pilgrammage/Operation undying freedom or whatever its called.
If you really think the war was about oil and decide to argue for it, just quote me calling you an idiot every two paragraphs or so.

Originally posted by glycerine
mm, somehow I think that if other world leaders were publically criticising Bush at this stage before their election, he'd cause a BIG uproar over it.
Yeah, because it's not like there isn't an election in America reasonably soon, and it's not like world leaders aren't criticising Bush (e.g. even at the D-Day ceremonies). :rolleyes:

PS: About the topic, did Bush just come out and say "Mark Latham's idea is really shit!"? Because the footage I've seen looked like someone asked him a question, "What do you think of Mark Latham's idea?" and Bush said "Well, I think it's really shit!". There's an important difference.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by George W. Bush
Yeah, because it's not like there isn't an election in America reasonably soon, and it's not like world leaders aren't criticising Bush (e.g. even at the D-Day ceremonies). :rolleyes:

PS: About the topic, did Bush just come out and say "Mark Latham's idea is really shit!"? Because the footage I've seen looked like someone asked him a question, "What do you think of Mark Latham's idea?" and Bush said "Well, I think it's really shit!". There's an important difference.
hunny, i know there's an election coming up. in fact, i received a phone call from the usa just yesterday where we ended up discussing the election. please don't patronise me.

the only recent articles i can find regarding any public criticisms of bush to the extent that they are effectively encouraging the people of a foreign country to vote for kerry, come from diplomats. also, they tend to come from left wing sources. i can link you if you'd like. if i'm wrong, please link me to instances this year of foreign leaders criticising bush to such an extent, because maybe i'm simply searching for the wrong thing.

here is the direct quote i found of what bush said:

"That would be disastrous. It would be a disastrous decision for the leader of a great country like Australia to say that 'we're pulling out'," Mr Bush said.

"It would dispirit those who love freedom in Iraq. It would say that the Australian government doesn't see the hope of a free and democratic society leading to a peaceful world," said Mr Bush.

"It would embolden the enemy, who believe that they can shake our will.

"They think that the Western world, the free world, is weak, that when times get tough we will shirk our duty to those who long for freedom and we'll leave."
I can see what you mean about the distinction, but I still think his comment was unnecessary. There was no need to begin spouting his 'idealism'. He KNOWS that if Latham is elected, he'll lose the Australian front in Iraq. Don't kid yourself into thinking he didn't have an agenda. And frankly, I don't think that it's his right to spout proproganda to the Australian people. We are not Americans.

santaslayer

HSC
It was more of an indirect criticism (if even callsified as a criticism) on Latham's standing. More sensitive members in the BoS forums took it more personally. :p

perse phone...........wow dude or dudette..........i am in oar of your genius .........

That was a very well thought out idea, most pple on here are like the rest of australia they are total sheap. We need more people like you spreading your propaganda.

Australia needs to hear the truth and your one of the few people telling it. your government and media are totally pathetic and most of our citizens are too blind tooo seee it.

Terrorism is so over rated, to me terrorism is a joke. The government uses it for immoral purposes.

Primarily to Invade a country and destroying all our civil rights and freedoms in this country.

And to the rest of you take a few notes on what phone says hes a fucking genius.

if i'm wrong, please link me to instances this year of foreign leaders criticising bush to such an extent, because maybe i'm simply searching for the wrong thing.
The most recent example which comes to mind are the French and German speeches at the D-Day Memorial.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Persephone87
If he wants oil so badly, he shouldn't mask it under a democratic pilgrammage/Operation undying freedom or whatever its called. And as much as I support Liberal, our involvement was a dumb idea (though I do agree with ceasing Saddam Houssains regime, our continuing presence there is unnecessary).
We will leave when we are asked to by the interim government.

And it was Operation Iraqi Freedom.

The last three presidents have all had operations in Iraq (something which people seem to forget, especially about Clinton).

Operation Desert Storm with the first George Bush.
Operation Desert Fox with Clinton
Operation Iraqi Freedom with the current.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
The most recent example which comes to mind are the French and German speeches at the D-Day Memorial.
do you not understand the meaning of the word link?

OK can't find any links at the moment without registration that contain speech transcripts, but here's some other criticism from world leaders on par with Bush's criticism of troops pulling out:

"Chirac implicitly criticised Bush for agreeing that the borders separating Israel and a future Palestinian state should be modified, and that there should be no automatic right of return to Israel for Palestinian refugees."
http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/palestine/?id=9834

"Paris had earlier criticised Washington's efforts to get United Nations backing for an multinational occupation force, demanding instead a more rapid transfer of power from the coalition forces to an Iraqi Government. "
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3127798.stm

Let's not forget France's vocal criticism of the war in Iraq, and the US handling of it, such as:
"In an open world, no one can be isolated, no one can act alone in everyone's name, and no one can accept the anarchy of a lawless society. There is no alternative to the United Nations," said the French leader."
http://quickstart.clari.net/qs_se/webnews/wed/cr/Qun-iraq-france.RHHe_DSN.html

Moving on to some other world leaders:

"There is no international order if it is not through multilateralism and the rules of international legality. If there is no multilateralism, there is international disorder," said Spain's new prime minister, Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero.

Zapatero, who won in an upset fuelled by outrage over the Iraq war and a perceived link to increased terror risk, has called the occupation a "fiasco" and ordered the withdrawal of Spain's troops in Iraq as soon as he took office last month.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2922555a12,00.html

Surely you can acknowledge that US Foreign Policy is probably the most critiqued in the world.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Because obviously these speeches aren't public domain :rolleyes:
if i'm wrong, please link me to instances this year of foreign leaders criticising bush to such an extent, because maybe i'm simply searching for the wrong thing.
but thank you, i'll look at them tomorrow, atm i'm not exactly in thinking mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)