Business and Commerce unit set help (1 Viewer)

FiFa MVP

HSC
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone was doing business and commerce if they know exactly how many units i need for this step. Like do i choose one key program, one major and one sub-major? and how many units do i pick within them. And it saids that I don't have to choose a key program untill later but how do i skip choosing it, do i just leave everything blank? Help much appreciated. It's very confusing.

Sam990

HSC
lol i had same problem man, just enroll into key program, choose major 2nd year as it covers your electives OR you can do 2 submajors OR you can choose your own electives

check my threads basically the same question

and if you wana choose units within the course you have to complete "unit selection" and the end of enrollment

YES enrolling in uws is very very "confusing" and "frustrating"

one word of advice prepare alot of questions to ask in academic advising BEFORE doing anything online

Last edited:

FiFa MVP

HSC
But if i enrol into a key program, can i change it at a later date? And if i leave it and choose a key program or major till the second year what do i select for the unit selection part?

I complete it at the end of enrollment, so i skip that and do the rest of the steps then go back to it?

Which thread of yours are you talking about?

Sam990

HSC
check all the thread i made/ unit selections is where you wanted to choose the units in that course, which is what you wanted to do right?
e.g. enrolling into mkt
unit seleection would be marketing princples etc etc
and you choose 4 units for each semester e.g. autumn/spring

yes you can change but until a certain date which i dont know what its is

naw havent finished enrollment gonna attend academic advising

Last edited:

FiFa MVP

HSC
So if i pick my key program and major as well as the units, and complete the enrollment, can i still go to academic advising day ask the relevant questions and then if i need to change units or a major for example, will it let me?

Also, i didn't know bridging course registration ended today, so now i cannot do it as i needed it. Is it still possible for me to pass that online maths test, and if i dont, what happens?

Sam990

HSC
So if i pick my key program and major as well as the units, and complete the enrollment, can i still go to academic advising day ask the relevant questions and then if i need to change units or a major for example, will it let me?

Also, i didn't know bridging course registration ended today, so now i cannot do it as i needed it. Is it still possible for me to pass that online maths test, and if i dont, what happens?
im not sure but its best you do not coplee your registration incase you change you mind on things just choose you key program but dont confirm the unit selection until your sure you know what you want, im not to sure about maths test i failed aswell and now im stuck and dont know what to do?

FiFa MVP

HSC
How can i choose a key program without confirming it? Have you picked your major and key program and all the units or not yet? And have u done everything on the enrollment bar the unit selection part?

Sam990

HSC
How can i choose a key program without confirming it? Have you picked your major and key program and all the units or not yet? And have u done everything on the enrollment bar the unit selection part?
yes i have done evrthing besides unit selection part/i mean confirm key program but i reccomend you dont confirm unit selection UNTIL you go academic advising

btw read carefully
1. How can i choose a key program without confirming it? "just choose you key program but dont confirm the unit selection"
2.And have u done everything on the enrollment bar the unit selection part?
"naw havent finished enrollment gonna attend academic advising"

Last edited:

FiFa MVP

HSC
Ok, should i do the same for the major or sub-major and other units, pick them but dont confirm them? So i should just choose them dont confirm them and skip to the next step in enrollment?

Sam990

HSC
Ok, should i do the same for the major or sub-major and other units, pick them but dont confirm them? So i should just choose them dont confirm them and skip to the next step in enrollment?
hey man your making me lost, read my previous post carefully aswell as my previous threads.

1.should i do the same for the major or sub-major and other units. "choose major 2nd year as it covers your electives OR you can do 2 submajors OR you can choose your own electives"

you dont have to choose major/submajor until second yr when you do your electives

the smart thing to do is:
1. choose your KEY PROGRAM and confirm it which you can end it or reinstate
2. dont CONFIRM your unit selection unless you know what you want
3. attend academic advising to ask your relevant question
4. after you attended hopefully youll get an insight and know what you want

ALSO you cannot go to next step of enrollment as "UNIT-SELECTION" is the last step

Last edited:

FiFa MVP

HSC
oh so I don't have to choose a major till second year? So i just choose the key program atm without confirming it.

Sam990

HSC
Read my above post very very very carefully!!!!
Also for your qs below

read my above post 100 times very carefully

Last edited:

FiFa MVP

HSC
Oh im confused. I'm up to unit sets, not unit selection thats where i was getting lost. So im at unit sets, so there i should just confirm my key program, but if i confirm can i change it afterwards if need be.

FiFa MVP

HSC
I've just picked my key program, but when i tick end, it still stays there. How do i get rid of it if i change my mind later?

Sam990

HSC
lol sorry mate, im just very confused at the moment.
yes as said before take your time enrolling is confusing and frustrating
to answer your question

1. choose your KEY PROGRAM and confirm it which you can end it or reinstate

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
Course

You'll need to refer to that for subject numbers / courses.

Firstly, it's not mandatory to choose a Key Program straight away, if you're still unsure, you can put it off till the Spring (2nd) Semester.

As noted:

The seven compulsory common core units are:
  • 200336 Business Academic Skills (must be completed in first session of study)
  • 200052 Introduction to Economics Methods OR 200032 Statistics for Business
  • 200184 Introduction to Business Law
  • 200571 Management Dynamics
  • 200083 Marketing Principles
  • 200101 Accounting Information for Managers
  • 200525 Principles of Economics

So if you're not inclined to select a course now you can select, Business Academic Studies + another 3 (ideally) subjects.

You don't really need to worry about Majors and Submajors at this point in time. I'd be more focused on selecting the right Key Program, since electives are generally for 2nd year students.

And to answer your question about be able to cancel your Key Program if you started, you can. If you select the core units (as above) then you'll have no problem. If you do something within that Key Program, that will ideally be used as an elective for your new Key Program.

Also, if you've missed out on the Basic maths test, you can do it next Semester. No big deal really.

If you're looking to just register for your 4 core business units then you just go to MySR, "Enrollment" and go to "Unit Selection" and enter in the 6 key unit number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)