business/computing study plan and internal transfer need help (1 Viewer)

HSC
i know this one person in business/computing who is doing all business subjects this year (first year student too). this kinda pissed me off cos i wanted to do more business subjects as well but this lady told me that we must enrol in subjects according to the recommended study plan that they submitted to us in enrollment. are you even allowed to do this?
and i don't really have any good excuse to vary my subjects before 10th march. can you still vary your subjects in the spring semester or am i stuck here?

i'm also thinking of doing internal transfer into business after this semester or the end of this year. by changing my subject plan, will this affect my transfer since i'm not doing the recommended plan? i know this is early but i just realised that i don't like the IT units (especially isp) very much and i can't do any non-IT electives with this degree. are there any disadvantages by internal transfer into business single degree?
should i also do summer sessions to catch up on the other subjects that i haven't done this year if i do get the transfer into business?
is this a good idea cos there are some older students wanting to get out of business/computing but they're still there.

Last edited:

unistudent

HSC
oh.. i kind of have the same idea. except i want to transfer from b biotech/b bus into business alone. but i dont think i will. i think you can do it, but you have to transfer before a certain date.

buy me LOVER

HSC
**freakstar87** said:
i know this one person in business/computing who is doing all business subjects this year (first year student too). this kinda pissed me off cos i wanted to do more business subjects as well but this lady told me that we must enrol in subjects according to the recommended study plan that they submitted to us in enrollment. are you even allowed to do this?
Really? Who is this person and why was she allowed to do that because I wanted to do the exact same thing!!! I asked one of the staff at IT camp about doing this but he pretty much said that it was impossible. I'm also thinking of transferring internally after this semester but i'm not really sure how i go about this.

**freakstar87** said:
by changing my subject plan, will this affect my transfer since i'm not doing the recommended plan? i know this is early but i just realised that i don't like the IT units (especially isp) very much and i can't do any non-IT electives with this degree.
I feel the exact same way but I dislike Computer Fundamentals more!

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
buy me LOVER said:
Really? Who is this person and why was she allowed to do that because I wanted to do the exact same thing!!! I asked one of the staff at IT camp about doing this but he pretty much said that it was impossible. I'm also thinking of transferring internally after this semester but i'm not really sure how i go about this.

I feel the exact same way but I dislike Computer Fundamentals more!
the staff member either doesnt know shit.. or is lying to you...

you can choose to do n e subjects you want man.. and in n e order you wish !
although for first year the study plan is pre made for u ...

its more of a 2nd year onwards thing where u choose your own subjects
however for a first year student
you too can withdraw from subjects .. and enrol into other subjects yourself online
the staff say wat they said to u becoz.. business subjects fill up fast.. and there are too many ppls doing business (aprrox 30% of uts students).. and not enough students doing IT.. so they NEED students in their IT classes

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
**freakstar87** said:
and i don't really have any good excuse to vary my subjects before 10th march. can you still vary your subjects in the spring semester or am i stuck here?

i'm also thinking of doing internal transfer into business after this semester or the end of this year. by changing my subject plan, will this affect my transfer since i'm not doing the recommended plan? i know this is early but i just realised that i don't like the IT units (especially isp) very much and i can't do any non-IT electives with this degree. are there any disadvantages by internal transfer into business single degree?
should i also do summer sessions to catch up on the other subjects that i haven't done this year if i do get the transfer into business?
is this a good idea cos there are some older students wanting to get out of business/computing but they're still there.
where you one of the many who bus/comp'ed as a back entry into business?

Can internal transfer?? , someone told me you have to re-apply via UAC getting your UAI recalculated with your marks in uni... THEN apply for RPL so that you don't have to relearn some of the business subs.. well thats what i heard.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
You have until next friday 10th march to transfer a subject

and until the 31st march to withdraw from a subject.

lil_ms_sneeky

Beautiful Disaster
HSC
If you're really set that you don't want to stay in Computing, then change your subjects if you can to Bus ones cos you'll be wasting time and money on the computing subjects. Plus don't put yourself through hell with comp assignments -___- (hate ISP and Systems modelling ><)

I transferred from Bus/Comp to Bus/Intl Studies this year and now instead of doing 5yrs, I have to do 5.5years cos of the wasted comp subjects.

HSC
Huratio said:
where you one of the many who bus/comp'ed as a back entry into business?

Can internal transfer?? , someone told me you have to re-apply via UAC getting your UAI recalculated with your marks in uni... THEN apply for RPL so that you don't have to relearn some of the business subs.. well thats what i heard.
initially i did kinda liked that course as well cos i wasn't sure about what career i want.
i just lost interest after the lectures. anyway huratio, i think that method only apples if you are transferring from one faculty to another or if you aren't from a combined course who wants to transfer into a single course or vice versa.

ok i'm thinking of sticking to these computing subjects for this semester just in case i do stuff up in my business subjects and do better in my computing ones.
is it ok to change/add more business subjects in spring semester if i do end up disliking ISP and CF?

i'm also not too sure if i want to change to all business subjects now cos i don't want to spend a whole semester doing only computing subjects if the transfer doesn't go through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)