Business Finance (1 Viewer)

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Haha, 119 meanings and it probably isn't even on the list:p.

Oh, I hate group assessments. How much was it worth:)?
15%, It was great, I done it with 2 hot chicks :p We had some group fun ;)

baker182

HSC
Hey Bon and SoCal, hope you guys go well in the exam and I wish you the best of luck.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Haha, you made me scared for a second, you made it sound like the exam was on today:p. Anyway, yeah, good luck to you guys too:).

P.S. Have you done that question yet? I still can't get it:(.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Another question for anyone who can answer it (I think I actually asked this one before but I still don't understand it so anyway). For Week 4 Workshop Question 1 Niel included the appreciation of the land from $90m to $160m in the solution but when calculating NPV don't you only include cash values that will change if the project is to go ahead? Wouldn't the land appreciate even if the project did not go ahead:)?

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Haha, you made me scared for a second, you made it sound like the exam was on today:p. Anyway, yeah, good luck to you guys too:).

P.S. Have you done that question yet? I still can't get it:(.
I dont know how he got the numbers. :p Hopefully we wont have question in the exam

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Another question for anyone who can answer it (I think I actually asked this one before but I still don't understand it so anyway). For Week 4 Workshop Question 1 Niel included the appreciation of the land from $90m to $160m in the solution but when calculating NPV don't you only include cash values that will change if the project is to go ahead? Wouldn't the land appreciate even if the project did not go ahead:)?
I agree with you, but think about this. If your building something on land, which adds benefits to it, the value of land would increase, as a result of the project.

Just remember for those questions, dont include financial assoicated costs. For example dividends to shareholders, interest bank costs.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
I dont know how he got the numbers. :p Hopefully we wont have question in the exam
Haha, damn:(.

baker182 said:
I agree with you, but think about this. If your building something on land, which adds benefits to it, the value of land would increase, as a result of the project.
The thing is the question says that the new factory and machinery will be demolished and cleared, so the project would not have added any value at all to the land;).

baker182 said:
Just remember for those questions, dont include financial assoicated costs. For example dividends to shareholders, interest bank costs.
Of course I remember, he only said it about ten times:p!

Anyway, I am not too confident going into this exam. There is so much content and if he dares to ask one of those essay-like questions where we have to pick the question apart to find the important information I will kill him:D.

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Haha, damn:(.

The thing is the question says that the new factory and machinery will be demolished and cleared, so the project would not have added any value at all to the land;).

Of course I remember, he only said it about ten times:p!

Anyway, I am not too confident going into this exam. There is so much content and if he dares to ask one of those essay-like questions where we have to pick the question apart to find the important information I will kill him:D.
Yeah i'am not that confident, If he asks that, I will yell "fuck off" in the exam :p

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
Yeah i'am not that confident, If he asks that, I will yell "fuck off" in the exam :p
Haha, now that would be funny:D.

I have spent all my time studying for this exam that I haven't really prepared for Macroeconomics II on Friday:(.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Remember kiddies, for multiple choice, if in doubt, go C.
Or, follow the accadacca pattern. Whichever floats your boat.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Then you're screwed.

I may just take this opportunity to discuss my hatred of pure multiple choice exams.
This is what I have right

biomed: 100 m/c
anatomy theory: 100 m/c
anatomy prac: 60 m/c

NO short answers ANYwhere. Well pft to them. They say that its not feasible to mark papers given the student numbers. Well fuck them, because first year biology has more students than those and they still get short answers.
/end rant.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
None of my exams have multiple choice components but about this comment:

They say that its not feasible to mark papers given the student numbers
That is the laziest thing I have read in a long time. ACFI1010 last year had about 400+ people and we still had a written exam:).

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
SoCal said:
None of my exams have multiple choice components but about this comment:

That is the laziest thing I have read in a long time. ACFI1010 last year had about 400+ people and we still had a written exam:).
same in first year educ... lots of ppls in the courses and we wrote 2 full essays in one exam! lazy schmazy..kick their asses!
gggrrrr educ this year.. they couldn't be bothered marking exams at all.. so they set 1653 assignments before course!!!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
What happened? I was waiting;).

Seriously though, that question was so screwed:mad:. I had basically no idea for it. I am looking at about 5/15 for that question:(. I also had a lot of trouble with those yield questions because I didn't study for them at all:(. I think I still should manage a distinction though but I was hoping for a high distinction in that subject, oh well:(.

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
What happened? I was waiting;).

Seriously though, that question was so screwed:mad:. I had basically no idea for it. I am looking at about 5/15 for that question:(. I also had a lot of trouble with those yield questions because I didn't study for them at all:(. I think I still should manage a distinction though but I was hoping for a high distinction in that subject, oh well:(.

That hard was hard. Looks like Business Finance again next year.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Really? You think you went that bad:(? I mean there was some hard questions but I thought there were plenty of easy marks:). I wonder how Cyph went;).

Anyway, I have an exam tomorrow but I am so angry about that big question. I have even gone to the trouble of doing the question again at home and I think I know how to do it. I will post my answer after my exam tomorrow because I should be studying now:p.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
what numbers is business finance? cos if its a 20 subject ill prolly be doing it next year...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)