Business Half Yearly Exam Tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Kutay

University
HSC
hey i was wondering is it really essential to include case studys with ur response? like we go through so many in class and i have my exam tommorrow i got no idea why you need them can someone please clarify this up for me and wondering anyopne got any tips for business report etc

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
Weve been taught to always relates stuff to our case studies, the big one being qantas.

Just flick through them so you get the idea, then you'll be able to recall them when your doing the exam :)

With the business report, just remember to do the executive summary, the body and then the conclusion (which is the same as the executive summary, just dont make it a mirror image though, and reinforce what you have wrote). Its pretty easy when you consider it lets you use bullet points lol

becsta_7

HSC
definately add case studies

yer u definately need case studies, they relate to the question and u will get a better mark!!!! examples included in ur response will always get u higher marks, especially add them in the HSC responses!

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
Had mine today....

We had two extended responses, and one of them explicitly said to refer to case studies. So Qantas got a few mentions haha

Kulazzi

HSC
had mine today as well. We had one extended response, and, as mentioned above had to refer to a case study and our knowledge on m'ment and change

stryder_au

[ - єsçãpè - ]
HSC
hey guys,

what did the extended response questions ask for your exams? I've got my exam 2mr..

covering topic 1 and 2 and a little bit of topic 3

=(

Kutay

University
HSC
Hey the exam wasn't too bad but i needed so much more time in it :| had so much info going through my head!! i refered to many case studies hehehe, it ok it sorta made them up i think relevant though like used Ebay for one and Coke Cola .......

Kutay

University
HSC
hey stry_der Au well for my extened repsonse it was on globalisation like the deifination and the drivers of globlasation, changes in the last 50yrs ..

IceBreaker

HSC
omg yes!! you need case study!, even if you write a good one the highest you'll get is prolly 13.

Tanda

man our hald yearly is on tuesday and or teacher didn't really explain what type of questions were in the exam i was wondering scince some of you have done yours what type of questions where included ?

DanielleM

HSC
we got a scenario for our extended response... u didnt need case studies that much... the whole tests was based on senarios

Julz_05

HSC
hey guys
i got my half yearly tommrow
and its marketing and management and change
i have all my notes, done BUT oh my gosh it take me half an hour to read over them and it is ineffective becz nothing is going... wat shuld i do!

stryder_au

[ - єsçãpè - ]
HSC
study techniques!

hey there! i was readin thru my notes as well n nothing was gettin absorbed
but i found that using mnemonics helps heaps!

like for the elements of a marketing plan, i just remembered SEIDI lol

Situational analysis
Establishin marketing objectives
Identifyin target market
Developing marketing strategies
Implementation, monitoring, controlling

stuff like that, u get the picture! ;)

Julz_05

HSC
Hey But I Cant Remember !

hey i would try the memory techniques but i dont think i have enough time by the time i do that tommroow!!
do u think if i just do practice questions and stuff that will work
do u have any links i go to

stryder_au

[ - єsçãpè - ]
HSC
try the memory technique! i remembered it just b4 the exam and it saved my butt in the extended response hehe

if you have trouble remembering, hand write out your notes! or get someone to test you..

um..other advice i can give? well i heard that you remember stuff more easily when you TEACH that stuff to other ppl..so if you can grab someone for a few hours n just teach them business studies..ahhaa maybe that'd help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)