business/law...my uai was 0.1 below the cut-off (1 Viewer)

9odspeed

The Goat
HSC
hey guys

i was just curious to know what are my chances of getting into business/law for 2006. my uai was 97.4. the uai cut-off for 2005 was 97.5 . if the uai cut-off remains the same for 2006 do u reckon i can still get in?

i called the law information hotline and they said that they tend to only offer main rounds because of the high demand. just hoping they could be wrong

theone123

blue essence
HSC
you might have chance, depending if its low demand or high demand, my friend got in 0.05 below the cutoff.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Just put it down as your preference. Chances are it might fall a little. Depends on what the trend is. Most courses fell last year, so maybe that will happen again. You never know.

santaslayer

HSC
Always potential for courses to decrease UAI for late round. I don't ever recall Law following such a trend though. I could be wrong, since I only focused on the UAI trends for a few concerning universities. Always put it on the top of your preferences.

9odspeed

The Goat
HSC
thanks alot guys...jeez the tertiary forum is so much nicer than the class of 2005 one...

my parents are willing to full fee for me at usyd...apparently it's an investment...whats ur verdict?...basically usyd is more appealing because i really want to play soccer and represent the university...uts offers no such sporting program

...i guess uts really interests me because i don't believe i have what it takes to survive 5 years in com. law at usyd...i didn't do legal studies or economics (if i wanna do commerce/law)...i've heard mixed opinions about the employment oppurtunities...some say that employers do in fact discriminate according to the "pedigree" of the university...and others say that as long as your grade point average is great (eg. distinction/high credit) then the institution where u obtained ur degree does not matter

assuming i do get into uts...would u choose a full fee degree in combined law at usyd above uts? ($92 000!!!!!)

old man river

HSC
with such a small difference, if the cut off stays the same u could look to do com-law @ macq and transfer 2nd year with a reasonable gpa. otherwise if you're a pro soccer kid look at the elite sportsperson scholarships at usyd, u get up to 5 bonus uai points.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
pffffffffffffttt ur worrying about a 0.05 cut off!

well i missed out on UNSW by that much but im glad i got into uts anyways

most law students i met got 96s the 97.5 is just to make it look good

a friend of mine got in at 91 !!! but thats with EAS

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
really?

I got 97.55 and I have 1 point from EAS bringing me up to 98.55... I'm worried about not getting accepted =\ I don't really wanna do anything but Biz/Law... sounds so flexible and cool ... I'll see u people at the Jan 4th 2006 Advisory Day??? Hopefully!

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
fat chance- im not breaking me break for that advisory day! :)

maybe ill give orientation day a go

and biz law isnt as flexible as you might think- and its definately not that cool- some of the subjects u'll probably hate!

but uts overall is flexible with subjects: like im going to do straight law for 2006- i can pick and choose what subjects i want on my schedule for 2006 so its all law whilst i decide whether to continue with business and if so what major.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)