• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Business of Business (Marketing) Worth it or not? (1 Viewer)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
As the title says, what do you think of the course? Is there alot of jobs for Marketing graduates? Does it matter what grades you get from the course? Does it matter which Uni you pick?

Lets put in comparison, lets say Canberra University and UTS. Would the employment prospects be bad for Canberra graduates compared to UTS? What are the prospects for Canberra University graduates for marketing?

Please answer someone :rolleyes:

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Lazy,

If you want to do marketing @ UC; you need to do it with Accounting or Finance (IT will be different next year with the new courses)

In terms of jobs after - depends 100% on your marks etc

To be honest, i dont know many people (actually i know NONE) that does marketing thru commerce; most do it thru communication (marketing and advertising)

santaslayer

HSC
yea actually, doing it thru communications would be heaps better.......
marks , initially are all that counts, then when u get to the interview level, i think a bit of charisma would be more important.....therefore, i think u should do it thru communications..

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
So doing Marketing with commerce is bad? hmmmm....

I thought it didn't matter... :(

Does marks matter? I know it does to a certain extent, but i thought experience & attitude/personality was more important than just marks in this field...

corinne_m

Well, as someone who currently works in marketing and is studying a bachelor of business part-time (majoring in marketing) i have to say that the bachelor of business is a great degree to have, its an all rounder and if you have a look on seek, most companies employing marketers are actually looking for a business degree.

When deciding which program to commence, i spoke with my senior marketing manager and the head of insitutional business ( i work for a fund manager) and they said to do business because its a tougher course than any of the arts courses and its a good foundation for a career into alot of industries.

While some companies may prefer undergrad degrees from the more prestigeous uni's, the most important thing is that you do have one and i have been told that its in postgrad that which uni you went to really matters.

At the moment there are loads of jobs out there but they want work experience as well which can be tough or they'll pay you pretty badly.

I dont think the prospects would be bad for you just because you went to canberra, having a degree and some work experience will get you an interview and after that its up to you - your personality and drive will secure the role

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)