• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Business Studies Competition (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Regarding the question that was repeated ( :( )

We've decided to scrap both questions and give everybody a mark for it (basically, those two questions wont count)

B

Bambul

Originally posted by Kulazzi
The business name that you made up was hilarious :rofl:

:rofl: did u make some q's as well TIB?
What was the business name? Could you remind me? :)

The questions are set around February/March so it's almost impossible for 1st years to get involved in question setting. But Minai and myself both set some questions (no one else who did question setting comes to BOS to my knowledge).

As far as the repeated question goes: everyone will be assumed to have answered correctly, whether you answer a, b, c, d, nothing or multiple answers.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
sweeet now i know i got 1 mark!
man i spent ages trying to figure out which ratio was working capital.. it just didnt click to me that it was the current ratio.. im like trying all these different ways of doing it and i couldnt get it so i left it blank lol
oh and umm our coordinator for business said hes writing a complaint lol.. he seemed kinda pissed off.. so yeh.. :|
was the answer to the cash cow one the high market share..?

the xc3ption

"make sure we dont make any mistakes"

I just sat the comp. today (cause of the teachers strike yesterday)
and well.... u made mistakes!!! and hey no ones perfect but...
there was a globalisation question that you repeated twice (i think u noticed that) and numbers and letters were everywhere!!
besides that..
CAN I PLEASE KILL THE PERSON WHO WROTE THE COMP?? PLZ?????????????????

Lol

M@C D@DDY

HSC
phew what was the corect answer to that anywayz... and who ever made that ikea qs i'll kill and also how mani u need aprox. in that test to get a cash prize?

Last edited:
HSC
Originally posted by M@C D@DDY
phew what was the corect answer to that anywayz... and who ever made that ikea qs i'll kill and also how mani u need aprox. in that test to get a cash prize?
was the answer to that d) ??

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by Bambul
What was the business name? Could you remind me? :)

The questions are set around February/March so it's almost impossible for 1st years to get involved in question setting. But Minai and myself both set some questions (no one else who did question setting comes to BOS to my knowledge).

As far as the repeated question goes: everyone will be assumed to have answered correctly, whether you answer a, b, c, d, nothing or multiple answers.
well, it said Sambul Bhakrika formed a business called Strange Behaviours Pty. Ltd. and I chuckled at the name :p
also thought, maybe bambul made this question cos it sounds like ur name :)

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
lol..i was doing this exam in class.....my eco teacher told me the answers to the last 8 questions. :)

[trent]

HSC
ahh blah...i'm in year 10 doing an accelerated b/s course and i didn't know anything in that test!!! i answered every question though :p

Kulazzi

HSC
yeah, i read somewhere that some yr 10 students do it in relation to commerce or sumfing

Pace Setter

Originally posted by Minai
Regarding the question that was repeated ( :( )

We've decided to scrap both questions and give everybody a mark for it (basically, those two questions wont count)
Why? It was still a legitimate question and you either knew it or you didnt. A bit unfair for those who did, I reckon. As long as the double wasn't a breach of the criteria for "askeable" questions.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, i read somewhere that some yr 10 students do it in relation to commerce or sumfing
I went through the answer sheets for James Ruse, everyone who did the comp. was from Year10

B

Bambul

well, it said Sambul Bhakrika formed a business called Strange Behaviours Pty. Ltd. and I chuckled at the name :p
also thought, maybe bambul made this question cos it sounds like ur name :)
I remember it now. It was based on my name (my surname is Shakibaei), but not written by me. The people on the question setting committee throw in the names of other people doing question setting, so most of the names you see in the competitions belong to people doing question setting.

Kulazzi

HSC
Bambul said:
I remember it now. It was based on my name (my surname is Shakibaei), but not written by me. The people on the question setting committee throw in the names of other people doing question setting, so most of the names you see in the competitions belong to people doing question setting.

ohhhhh ok :p

Minai said:
I went through the answer sheets for James Ruse, everyone who did the comp. was from Year10
well........that's probably typical, since they're the #1 selective school (no offence intended to all james ruse students on this forum)

btw.................when do we usually get our certificates???? :confused:

Last edited:

nova

HSC
Anyone get their results back?

I got a High Distinction .. 97.8 percentile with a mark of 35 I think?
Another guy at my school got a HD with 99 percentile and i'm pretty sure his mark was 36.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)