Business Studies or Physics?? (1 Viewer)

m_isk

HSC
N/A
After very stubbornly telling us we MUST do 12 units for the HSC, my school recently told me i can drop business if i want to. Then i would be sitting on ten units. As always, SAM helped me investigate and i discovered that if u get 90 for physics and 92 for business then the business is counted and not the phys...so what should i do...drop business or keep it?? btw im dont really believe in that 10u is VVVVEERRRYYYY risky, cos its not :p

tennille

HSC
It's up to you. If you're confident that you'll get the marks then drop it. If I were in your position, I'd stick with it. You're already half-way through your studies. You never know what might happen.

I was going really well in HSC food tech last year, and I practically gave up on maths ext, thinking it wouldn't go towards my UAI. Then, when I received my UAI, my food tech mark didn't count, but my maths ext mark did. I also went surprisingly well in the maths ext exam as well. I hated maths ext and unfortunately I'm doing maths in uni. lol.

Like I said, it would be better to stick to it. It's god to have a back-up just incase you stuff up an assessment/exam. With 10 units, you can't afford to do that.

allstarr69

DONT DO BUSINESS STUDIES!! It sucks real bad and it scales HORRIBLY. Even if you get a good mark for business studies in your HSC that mark will get destroyed when they scale it so itd be VERY hard to get in the 90's after scaling. Also, it takes a rediculous amount of time to learn and its increadably boring. I spent a quarter of the time doing physics than i did Business Studies and went way better in physics. In fact Business studies didnt even count and I got 89 for it!! And if you think thats coz Im a nerd I only got 93.5 so that shows you how much business studies sucks! Dont make the same mistake that i did and dont waste your time.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Physics rocks my socks.

N.B. HSC 'physics' is not physics.

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
i reckon if u are getting 92 business and 90 in physics, i reckon the 90 in physics would be much better. if i had to chose i would keep physics..

but keep the one u enjoy and r better at

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
heh I do both...Physics is damm easy, business is boring, You don't really need to worry about scaling for business if you get over 95 for it. WHICH IS EASY TO DO.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
yeah i agree, because physics is all about understanding the conepts which aren't at all hard if you think about it. whereas business sucks....you just memorize text books on top of text books....drop business....

Carita Davies

yeah sure mate getting a 95 in business is real "easy to do" if you enjoy summarising 2 textbooksd and having to memorise it all...it is the most boring subject...and its one of the ones that takes up the most of my time...it sux so bad...and im going on to uni to do business...i must be crazy...im kinda holding onto the hope that it will be a little more interesting in uni than it is in skool, cept i know it wont be in the first yr coz thats always boring. newho...if you find business easy to do, i would advise you to keep it, that way it kinda a backup for you just in case you dont do so good in one of your other subjects.

allstarr69

im afraid business in uni is even MORE boring... i wouldnt recommend it. I know 1st, 2nd and third year commerce students and they regret doing it coz it bores them to death.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)