Business Studies Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

nini.nico

HSC
my business teacher says she's sure that one of the essay questions is going to be based on marketing but im not sure how true that is (her and the rest of the business teachers did this prediction chart thingy and idk how it works
would it be fine if i memorise 3/4 case studies for essay?
like leave out HR and just memories case studies for marketing, operations and finance

laterz laterz

HSC
like leave out HR and just memories case studies for marketing, operations and finance
yeah ig you could do that. the only reason I am learning case studies for every topic is that it helps you with 5 and 6 markers as well. Like if u dont properly know the answer to a q, you can always bs the case studies in. If you do know the answer, the case studies always help you write a really good response showing extra knowledge and helping you secure a 5/5 or 6/6

nini.nico

HSC
yeah ig you could do that. the only reason I am learning case studies for every topic is that it helps you with 5 and 6 markers as well. Like if u dont properly know the answer to a q, you can always bs the case studies in. If you do know the answer, the case studies always help you write a really good response showing extra knowledge and helping you secure a 5/5 or 6/6
yea thats true
i've also done short answer questions in class where they ask you to relate a strategy or something to a case study that's not the stimulus

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
for the finance topic do you need case studies for every single dot point?
In principle, the more thorough your knowledge of case study material relevant to Finance, the more advantageous your position will be as you sit the exam as you will be likely to include information that will assist you in supporting your main point(s), resulting in a higher quality response that directly addresses the question.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
View attachment 34041

ahh ok, because the syllabus only mentions a couple only so that's why I'm asking
Some of those are with reference to Section I and Section II questions. For example, questions relating to financial ratios can be asked within those 2 sections. Comparative ratio analysis questions can also be included in Section II. Consider Question 24 (d) from the 2020 Business Studies HSC exam:

"Explain TWO ways in which comparative ratio analysis can be used by this business to assess its financial position."
Similarly, recommending strategies to improve financial performance and examining ethical financial reporting practices can be assessed in one, a combination of, or all of Section I, Section II and Section III. Consider one of the requirements of Question 25 from the 2017 Business Studies HSC exam:

"recommend TWO strategies to improve financial performance"
Additionally, consider one of the requirements of Question 26 from the 2016 Business Studies HSC exam:

"explain possible limitations of the financial reports"
All of what has been mentioned until this point is aimed at analysing hypothetical business case studies. Of course, nothing technically stops these syllabus components from being assessed in Section IV, where they would require support using real-life case study material and/or Section II (although it would be safe to assume that this would be quite rare) questions that require a response with reference to a business that you have studied.

In summary, being knowledgeable in the 4 areas that you have outlined in the syllabus in terms of case study material is definitely recommended. Having further case study knowledge that extends beyond those 4 areas with respect to the Finance topic (if possible) is also encouraged.

uniqueusername1

HSC
Does anyone plan on writing their execute summary last? or nah? By that I mean like leaving the first page blank and then coming back to it after you've finished the report.
why on earth would you do that?

hatterene

HSC
is cpa hard lmao. i've been doing the mc and i'm struggling even though it's easy math i just don't understand why you can skip some tasks and you can't skip others?

Wizjaro

HSC
How many case studies are people planning to write for their section IV essays? I want to just do Apple but I'm unsure if there are benefits in doing more?

hatterene

HSC
you should do at least two. if you want to you can make it up but apple is very versatile. i'm only remembering apple, qantas and mcdonalds because my school taught them

nini.nico

HSC
How many case studies are people planning to write for their section IV essays? I want to just do Apple but I'm unsure if there are benefits in doing more?
usually i do three but if i cant remember a third one i stick to two

hatterene

HSC
why might a business choose to acquire funds through unsecured notes and debentures over mortgages?

sab13562

HSC
you should do at least two. if you want to you can make it up but apple is very versatile. i'm only remembering apple, qantas and mcdonalds because my school taught them
Wow, lucky you, I had to do my own research :'(

sab13562

HSC
why might a business choose to acquire funds through unsecured notes and debentures over mortgages?
All of them are long term sources of finance, but a mortgage is for properties only, so if you wanna invest in other stuff, you'd use debentures and unsecured notes. Keep in mind unsecured notes have a higher interest rate, but the positive is is that no asset for the business is held as a collateral if the business fails to repay the lender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)