Business Studies vs Economics (if you had to pick one) (1 Viewer)

Which One?

• Business Studies

Votes: 35 38.5%
  • Economics

Votes: 56 61.5%

• Total voters

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Rebekkie said:
eco. it's more prestigious in the sense that it scales better and the prelim course is horrible, but the hsc course is waaayyyy easier. it's not that hard, just a lot of stuff to remember and it fits in nicely with other subjects like modern history.

my school doesn't even offer business, they think it's not really worthwhile.
lol the prelim course was easier by far! It practically assumed a closed economy!

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
I prefer Year 11 economics tbh. I loved learning the theory part.
well yea...i did micro first session of uni and to brieze over sme concepts i ended up taking out the prelim text as tat was wear a bulk of the foundations were laid. I mean its not lik it gets into any great detail with cost-benefit analysis or anything but still, i loved that intial theory side and found yr 12 very broing in comparison (particuarly chapter 1)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Rebekkie said:
yeah but the hsc course is easier because you can actually relate it to something. it's not just stupid, hypothetical theory
hmm to an extent id agree, particuarly with the gloabisation topic but once u hit eco issues such as growth and considered the Short Run Keynesian model ie the multiplier that is a hugely theoretical concept which makes numerous hypothetical assumptions!

bawd

HSC
Economics.

I do wish that I did Business Studies instead of Ancient History/Society and Culture. Three years of doing Commerce in junior years may have paid off.

HSC
Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics Economics

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
bawd said:
Economics.

I do wish that I did Business Studies instead of Ancient History/Society and Culture. Three years of doing Commerce in junior years may have paid off.
Yeah, Commerce comes in real handy when doing Business in particular, and some aspects of Economics.

Despite loving Business, I chose Economics in the poll - it's more useful.

However, I do both subjects as the degree I want in uni features Economics/Business aspects predominately.

ital101

HSC
Isam: Eco won by one from my vote. hahahahahahahahaha

Aren't you just hilarious?

Anyhow, I voted for Business because I think it's more practical. Does Legal Studies get a say? That seemed really interesting but it was on the same line as Italian, so yeah, didn't get to take it. I guess (OP) you'll enjoy Economics if you're into that kind of thing. It's a challenge, and my friends tell me it's really dry sometimes. I hope I helped.

BTW, Isam, success is hardly made up of 98% luck. "Success is a journey, not a destination." Success is made up of hard, gruelling work and to everyone out there let nobody else tell you otherwise. Look at my ranks: You think I got that far by luck? Fat chance. The only case where success is 98% luck is when you enter the lottery which, as worked out in SC Maths, gives you a 1 in 7, 500, 000 chance of winning. To get an even chance of winning you'd have to buy 7, 500, 000 tickets, so I think to almost be guaranteed winning well you'd have to buy all the tickets, like 15, 000, 000.
I loved doing Probability. A small part of me misses Maths. Yet a large part of me wants to slap the life out of that other small part for ever thinking that. Stuff Maths! I love English and Italian! Oh dear. It seems I have once again got carried away and gone off on a tangent. Tangent? Arrrgh more Mathematics ...save me from this God! :D
Ah well, good luck OP, with hard work and determination, you'll go well. Lady Luck can go jump in a lake, my friend.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
ital101 said:
BTW, Isam, success is hardly made up of 98% luck. "Success is a journey, not a destination." Success is made up of hard, gruelling work and to everyone out there let nobody else tell you otherwise. Look at my ranks: You think I got that far by luck? Fat chance. The only case where success is 98% luck is when you enter the lottery which, as worked out in SC Maths, gives you a 1 in 7, 500, 000 chance of winning. To get an even chance of winning you'd have to buy 7, 500, 000 tickets, so I think to almost be guaranteed winning well you'd have to buy all the tickets, like 15, 000, 000.
I loved doing Probability. A small part of me misses Maths. Yet a large part of me wants to slap the life out of that other small part for ever thinking that. Stuff Maths! I love English and Italian! Oh dear. It seems I have once again got carried away and gone off on a tangent. Tangent? Arrrgh more Mathematics ...save me from this God! :D
Ah well, good luck OP, with hard work and determination, you'll go well. Lady Luck can go jump in a lake, my friend.
What the fuck in god's name are you on? not only is it all bullshit, it's not even the slightest bit relevant.

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
I do both, and believe me, Economics is one of those things you either have or you don't.

One bloke in my class, internal assessments >90%, rank 1/4.

The other three, including myself. <60% It's just one of those subjects you either have the ability to do or you don't. If you don't have it in year 11, get the fuck out.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
^^
i remember this douche bag!!!

IronMaiden said:
Economics is a boring overrated unrealistic pretentious subject anyway. Be thankful you got to watch 16-18 year old girls dance in leotards in the auditorium for 6 months before they left to have their "meth babies". I'd prefer that.
LOL.

hashi

HSC
fuk that eco is heaps harder..and its way more enjoyable..business is fuken long and dry..i do both but i wish i dropped business..

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Not that I can comment on this (judging by my subjects), but I would choose Economics over Business Studies any day.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
lsam said:
I did Economic last year and I am doing Business Studies. And I am going to say that Business Studies bores me to death.
There we go :). Economics ftw.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
IronMaiden said:
I do both, and believe me, Economics is one of those things you either have or you don't.

One bloke in my class, internal assessments >90%, rank 1/4.

The other three, including myself. <60% It's just one of those subjects you either have the ability to do or you don't. If you don't have it in year 11, get the fuck out.
Yea true

wen i looked at the way it was in my class; there wasn't many poeple who are 'in between' with their understanding as this is generally impossible, due to the overlap of knowledge related in every topic. What I mean by this is that in economics, there is one answer generally in essays and that answer is everything. For eg- How would an appreciation of the $A affect the economy? You'd have to know about foreign exchange markets, economic growth/inflation/unemployment pretty much all the issues and how effects may occur, even if they are opposing forces and then consequently what policies should be used in conjunction with these issues.

So yea, people either flogged it and got over 90 all year or just went absolute shit house and failed. Personally, i found the concepts simple but you definately had to get it down in year 11 not 3 months before the HSC in year 12.

monesh

HSC
i do both, business was good at the start but the way my teacher goes about teaching is shit .....

but i rather economics :)

rosypink

HSC
Well currently i do both eco and bs ; and to me i strongly recommend bs over eco, coz bs is more fun, simplified and easily understood; whereas eco just plainly sucks !

-Cheers :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)