Business Timetable Question (1 Viewer)

barnsey88

HSC
When doing the timetable do you have to do certain core subjects in the first semester?

Also is it alright if you have, for example, a 2 hr lecture followed by a tutorial straight away? Or is this unwise?

And if you are a full time student can you still attend night-time lectures/tutorials, considering that alot of Part-Timers would be there?

thanks...

HSC
I tried to shove all my subjects next to each other like that so i won't have to wait around the campus all day.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Welcome Back, Dingo2004. Anyways, you don't have to do certain core subjects in your first semester, but most people would follow the standard program anyways, as some subjects in Autumn would be required in Spring. It's common for some students in Business to do Business Statistics in Autumn and Marketing Foundations in Spring, or do the same with Business Law and Ethics. Most will keep Accounting for Business and Economics for Business in Autumn though, as these subjects are required for Fundamentals of Business Finance, and since this is now also a core subject, you don't have much of a choice. Also, I guess if you're going to be doing Business Strategy instead of Accounting Transactions and Business Decisions in Spring semester, then you might want to do the standard program in Autumn anyways as I think Business Strategy has a lot of prerequisites.

For most Business subjects, you can attend most of the classes (some might be reserved), so if you prefer the night classes, then select them when you enrol, but you will obviously be in classes with people who are probably working. Most people have their lectures and tutorials after each other, though I usually prefer a bit of a break myself.

Last edited:

Jamsi

HSC
Can I just get something straight.

Allocations are what you have chosen.

Preferances is what time/day you have chosen for a subject, but have not yet been allocated?

Would this be correct?

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
u no wats fucked up .. i chose the late enrolment.. thinking i get more time to decide wat major to do so which subject i should apply for exemption and which not..

but da farked up thing is after looking at da timetable site.. alotta subjects r nearly full or are full.. no more rooms in lectures and tutes and shit
das jus fuked ! for me dat is !

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Jamsi said:
Can I just get something straight.

Allocations are what you have chosen.

Preferances is what time/day you have chosen for a subject, but have not yet been allocated?

Would this be correct?
Allocations are what you have been allocated, based on your preferences. Currently, some subjects are in allocation adjustment mode, meaning you can select actual classes and that is your actual allocation, while some subjects are in preference mode, meaning you put in your preferences, and then sometime soon (I think next week), they will sort those preferences and you will be allocated. After all that, I'm hoping, all subjects will go into allocation adjustment mode meaning that you can change between classes provided there are spaces in the other classes to finalise your timetable.

I'm personally waiting for this allocation adjustment mode because I have a few classes I want to change =p.

HSC
jasee, u lost me on the allocation/preference. Correct me if i am wrong, i chose the autumn and spring subjects. Then put my preferences for my timings, from 1-6. So on the 20th, by some method according to how your preferences are and what everyone is chosen u will be made a timetable. I didn't click in which bit is the allocation and which bit u were saying is the preference bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)