Business @ UWS (1 Viewer)

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Hey I just thought I'd start a thread for all those who are doing Business Degrees at UWS!!

I'm doing B Business Management @ Blacktown. 1st Preference 'yay'!! hehehe
Anyway, what I really would have liked to do is a conbined degree of Business Management / Law. However, I didnt think my UAI was high enough, so I applied for Business (UAI 81, cutoff for management/law 92 or something) and am hoping to transfer or something at one stage. Does anyone know if this is possible - take into account I am willing to work hard for what I want - or how I can do this? I have no idea when it comes to all this stuff yet, I guess I'll probably just have to wait until uni starts....

Anyway, everyone post your questions, querys and any sort of 'relevant' topic on and we'll all try and help eachother out. I'm interested in what other ppl are doing as well!!

klh

HSC
its called the guaranteed internal course transfer scheme: as long as you get better than credit average after finishing at least 4 subjects, you can apply to another course. Or if you want, you can apply to UAC again. I did both and got into the same course but at Parra. Finally someone else doing my course!

xwu

stop looking at my name..
HSC
anyone here doing my course this year - b business (accounting) @ parra? so at least i won't be nigel when i go to the academic session thing

uwsstudent

HSC
uws is good with business

what's up bro and sis, i found this site yesterday, just want to try to post a reply and i am proud to read all of the positive comments we have got for our own uni

xwu

stop looking at my name..
HSC
uwsstudent said:
what's up bro and sis, i found this site yesterday, just want to try to post a reply and i am proud to read all of the positive comments we have got for our own uni
yeh dude...uws rocks

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
The only thing that worries me about Uni is the fact that after I finish I want to know that the course I do will give me a good career?!! I always freak out about it!! aahhh

So is anybody else doing Business Management and starting this year?

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
im doing business & Commerce in accounting, banking & finance at parra 4th year.

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
When we go to this aas thing, mine is on Friday at 11am, if we enrol on the same day, do we have to pick electives or anything?? Because i have no idea about electives and when I go onto the UWS site i find it really confusing for my course...

klh

HSC
guess i'm too late in saying that peopel who dont like accounting should choose Act info for managers instead of acct reports and decisions.
No, you dont pick spring yet, only autumn.

anyway, natstar how did you find all those documents? On UWS employment stuff...googling?

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
I enrolled today, hmmm... 2 hours later, not too bad but I'm a bit worried cuz I just tried to register on the uws site but it says that my student id doesnt exist - is this because they need time to process my enrollment first?? By the way I used the id that UWS gave me today

Jiga

I enrolled 2day as well and it doesnt work either, so it must be a problem at the other end. My worries are more with the units I chose, at the Accounting advising session they 'advised' people to do Intro to Economics but I did Microeconomics, hope its ok.....

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I enrolled 2day as well and it doesnt work either, so it must be a problem at the other end. My worries are more with the units I chose, at the Accounting advising session they 'advised' people to do Intro to Economics but I did Microeconomics, hope its ok.....
u can, cept that u must also do marcoeconomics

Jiga

Yeah I know you need to do macro. I dont mind it actually becuase they said do Intro to Eco and then Marketing principles, I dont really want to do Marketing principles. Also, it opens up the possibiliy of doing a sub-major in Economics. Just will have to wait and see I spose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)