Busking group... (1 Viewer)

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
JoeysBoy said:
Hehe... you just answered your previous question!

80$ in two hours is pretty impressive! I find it hard to believe that you only made $3 in a whole session... where did you busk geek?!? Just interested to know :)

This may seem fairly random (this next paragraph) but its been on my mind all day, and I don't know where else to post it! Last night was our first "oliver" performance! Our first violin is in year 8, and honestly, his tone/ability isn't that great! A last minute inclusion of this lady that has been on tour made up for the abysmal violin part and... O.M.F.G!!!!! Her counter melody in fagan's song in the 2nd act - "reviewing the situation" was NUTS!!! (needless to say the year 8 couldn't play it...) It was the FIRST TIME I had heard it played (in the performance itself) and I almost lost my place due to surprise!

Next performances are tonight and tomorrow night (wednesday and thursday). Wish us luck!
today was even worse we only made $1.25 at circular quay and we split that into two so we only got like 60c each it was saaaaaad :(

soulshine

HSC
joejoe, how often do you busk at circ?! i will come and offload my shrapnel into your deserving little trumpet case!

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
soulshine said:
joejoe, how often do you busk at circ?! i will come and offload my shrapnel into your deserving little trumpet case!

awwwww!!! shpankz!!! well me n my friend are meant to be there a few times a week but i duno if he wants to go busking anymore cos all we do is embarrass ourselves each time and not make any money so yeah... hehehehe!!

by the way tim, we only busked for 20mins..... but still!!! we deserve more than $1.25!!!! GRrrrrrrrrrrrrr

JoeysBoy

HSC
Geek... can I also ask what is FmusA and TmusA? "T" = teacher?! Sorry for my music ignorance :p I'm sure I could get the atmosphere up for you two if you gave me the time you were to busk at the quay!

*Gets out hippy costume*...

Eslyssa

HSC
Well, I play flute an' picc. I'm doing my AMus either late this year or early next, and I'd -love- to do some busking if there was a group.

JoeysBoy

HSC
Sounds cool! You know any repetoir for Flute/Cello tho? ... Or maybe for a group ensemble...? I'll check out Zephyr this weekend... tho I doubt whether they would have anything...

putri tini

HSC
Hey Joeysboy,

There are some duets for flute and cello by E Guignard or Drei, etc. You also can get piano music to become a duet with the flute playing the treble part and the cello playing the bass part? OR even one of the many violin and cello duets out there that you could manipulate for the flute part. :uhhuh:

My sis in year 9 plays flute and busked with a cellist making 50 buck an hour on weekends in dulwich hill and 100 bucks an hour at fetes, she just used piano music because there aren't many flute and cello duos out there.

Where do u normally busk?

Last edited:

JoeysBoy

HSC
putri tini said:
Hey Joeysboy,

There are some duets for flute and cello by E Guignard or Drei, etc. You also can get piano music to become a duet with the flute playing the treble part and the cello playing the bass part? OR even one of the many violin and cello duets out there that you could manipulate for the flute part. :uhhuh:

My sis in year 9 plays flute and busked with a cellist making 50 buck an hour on weekends in dulwich hill and 100 bucks an hour at fetes, she just used piano music because there aren't many flute and cello duos out there.

Where do u normally busk?
Very good idea! I might do that...

I havn't busked in my life, mainly cuz I don't have anyone to do it with (not many of my friends play instruments... grrr... or they don't want to do it if they do play one)

Zephyr didn't have anything (that was decent... they did have one item, but it was... meh...)

I'll start a folder full of cello/whatever else music. Elyssa you still interested? Tho the fact that you're on ur Amus freaks me out a little :p I'm only a 5th grader!!!

Bunny04 said:
Heitor Villa Lobos, 'The Jet Whistle" For Flute and Cello - Great piece
I havn't heard of this before... I'll have to check it out.

And tho... a little off topic, if anyone here plays cello (doubts it) do NOT buy the "Hello Cello" Cello duets Book 2. It was a complete waste of 30$. (Growls) I could flick paint on a piece of paper and get better music then whats in there... :vcross:

JoeysBoy

HSC
Woot! I'm finally acting on this idea and traveling up to coffs from port to see Brassedoff! Havn't a clue what to do for busking tho... neway...!!!

JoeysBoy

HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
If you're in the Newcastle area and wanting a singer give me a yell
I might be going to the newcastle con next year *crosses fingers*, so maybe keep in contact?

JoeysBoy

HSC
You heard about their lack of funding?

I don't want to go there simply because they need the money, but because they actually think I'm good enough. I may wait till 2007. The Cello teacher there (I think) is a pretty honest lady... so she might give me a brief overview.

And yes, <3 newcastle :D

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Something to do with having a debt of millions of dollars, why exactly I don't know, but it's partly to do with Ourimbah campus being expensive to run. Last I heard (I know people working at the uni) they were considering selling Ourimbah campus so it can go off and do it's own thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)