BUSL301 Lecture slides (1 Viewer)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
This semester the lecturer in charge has decided not to put the lecture slides up on webct for this unit, unlike previous semesters, which is a real pain in the ass because we spend the whole lecture copying down lecture slides and we cant listen to her explanations and examples.

If anyone who has previously done this unit or has the slides, could you please be so kind as to upload them.

Thankyou

dracover

HSC
do u have michael?

cause i had him last yr and i fink he did it before as well...and he neva uses lecture slides. EVA so bad luck unless there are slides from yrs ago

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
michael is still convenor but juliette is lecturing...ive attended a record one lecture out of i think4-5...Im relying on the Company Law Notes and L'n'H, would that be good enough?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Supra said:
michael is still convenor but juliette is lecturing...ive attended a record one lecture out of i think4-5...Im relying on the Company Law Notes and L'n'H, would that be good enough?
The skinny little text is sexy. :uhhuh:

Just use that lol

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
I second the little book. One book I never took outta the bag, so slim.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
As per usual Rahul's advice is right, just use the law notes- there are no lecture slides.

This unit is pretty easy. You should be able to get a credit even with your hands cut off. I did. I just stuck my pen in the bloody mess of tissue and bone at the end of my forearm. It seemed to hold pretty good. Best of luck.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
so thus i can assume lecture attendance is essentially optional?
Will the law notes and Lipton/Herzberg get me through for a D?

Also, we have our mid sem multiple choice test coming up, anything you awesome past students could tell us?

One last important question...if we miss a certain number of tutorials, do we fail or just get marks taken off? I've missed 3. One i missed fully, the other two i was late and the tutor refused to mark my name off...

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Lectures are definitely optional. Like I said, I got a credit with minimal effort and no lecture attendance at all. You should easily get a D if you know your stuff.

And as for the mid-semester, just know your stuff on directors. It'll mainly be easy stuff from the law notes, but its worth giving the textbook a quick browse as well, just so you can pick up those few extra marks. Sorry I can't remember any details, but I do remember it was pretty easy. Oh, learn a few of the case names and what they're about- I lost a few marks because I didn't bother looking at cases.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
I had Michael (writer of the skinny text) as my lecturer - I did summer school - and he was brilliant. I went to all the available lectures for the subject. Only time it has happened at uni (I know it was summer school but still).

I have no idea how good the other one is...I'll have a dig around to find lecture recordings from when I did it. It isn't terribly organised so I don't know if it will be helpful...let me know if anyone is interested.

havy

HSC
Luke! said:
Lectures are definitely optional. Like I said, I got a credit with minimal effort and no lecture attendance at all. You should easily get a D if you know your stuff.

And as for the mid-semester, just know your stuff on directors. It'll mainly be easy stuff from the law notes, but its worth giving the textbook a quick browse as well, just so you can pick up those few extra marks. Sorry I can't remember any details, but I do remember it was pretty easy. Oh, learn a few of the case names and what they're about- I lost a few marks because I didn't bother looking at cases.
Directors? I thought only wk1-4 are covered, and director belongs to wk5...

dracover

HSC
dont get scared i fink its cause in previous years theres 7 weeks before mid sem break

so mid sem test usually in week 7 covers week 1-5 so directors is like the focus

but this time its onli 6 weeks before break so theres less to cover and ur not up to directors. i heards its 100% mc as well is that true? cause his mc's are quite straight forward so u should be fine

havy

HSC
thx for the explanation.

For the midsemester test, is it worth to go thru the thick textbook?
what about just rely on cases in the skinny text? some of the cases you cant find them anywhere (not in the thick or skinny text)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)