BUY Kanye West's new album: v. good reason to (1 Viewer)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
ok i have NFI idea what "drunk and hot girls" is on the album instead of "bittersweet" or 4 minutes of silence

that song sucks. hard. (its good when mos def raps in the last quarter)

williams180

HSC
LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - Kanye West has increased his lead over 50 Cent in the much scrutinized battle between the rap stars, according to preliminary sales data issued Friday.

West's "Graduation" had sold about 600,000 copies and 50 Cent's "Curtis" 430,000 copies, according to data reported to tracking firm SoundScan by eight leading accounts through close of business Thursday.

West's margin of 170,000 units marked an improvement on his first-day lead of 127,000 units. Both albums went on sale Tuesday amid much media hype about the supposed duel between the two acts.

Meanwhile, country star Kenny Chesney's "Just Who I Am: Poets and Pirates" had sold 232,000 copies through Thursday, up from his Tuesday opening of 107,000.

The numbers reflect sales only at the participating panel of Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Borders, Circuit City, iTunes, Target, Anderson Merchandisers and Handleman Co. The latter two companies place music in WalMart and other mass merchants.

The final charts, with sales from the entire panel extrapolated to reflect the overall U.S. market, will be published Wednesday.

Reuters/Billboard

no love in this forum. Got myself both albums and i gotta give it to kanye just. Thought his album was quality all the way mixing up his beats, style and lyrics. He has much more musical ability than 50 cent thats for sure but the more i listen to his album the more i like it quality songs on both albums

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)