• cds

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • online music stores

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
for those of you who buy music (anyone who is gonna come in here and be like "lolz torrent rox" can fuck right off), do you purchase music online or would you rather pay the extra $10 or so and get a physical cd and the artwork and stuff?

personally 90% of the stuff i buy is still cds, however i sometimes use itunes if i'm just after a single track or an album that is really hard to find.

so what about all you kids?

Mutationis

Jun Ting Chau
HSC
i'm a CD kinda man myself. i like to know that my money has gone into something physical... but i do buy the occasional track on iTunes if i don't wanna buy the whole album. so yeah, pretty much in the same boat with you then.

K.

HSC
CDs, if im going to pay for it I'd rather have something, though each has its pros and cons, cds have the artwork but buying off itunes, they often give you extra unreleased tracks.

Legham

HSC
If your gonna download it, you might as well do it for free.
CDs for me. though, i think i've only payed for one in about 2 years.. might be a different story if they sold decent music in stores..

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
CDs, almost all my music are from cds and its what im used to. It just feels kinda weird buying music and not having something u can hold and touch to show for it. Also i like the idea of looking thru the lyrics, art, photos, etc in the cd/booklet. Plus my cd collection is an awsum sight :rofl:

0Jade0

HSC
If I'm going to buy something I actually want to have something physical to show for it. Not some file on my computer.
And I quite like my CD collection.

Guernica

HSC
Definitely CDs. You can hold it, and read the thank yous and get the 'feel' that the band was going for.

findaway

HSC
Really, it depends on who made the CD. Some I will get off the net and burn onto a CD, no prob, but with others if I don't have the complete album artwork I will die a schockingly horrible death.

There's something nice about getting a CD, as well. I love the anticipation leading up to getting it home and putting it on!

Enirehtac

HSC
I buy albums off Ebay which makes them a whole lot cheaper than downloading and i get the CD to fill up my cd rack, best of both worlds

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Definitely CDs, for all the reasons people have already said. There's nothing like seeing a big CD collection, and I want something to show for my money.

Plus iTunes isn't available here anyway (wtf, they're on some huge campaign against illegal downloading and there aren't any legal alternatives).

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
cds all the way. then i can chuck mp3s on my computer and if i ever needed to replace them (say if the computer stuffed up and i lost all my music) then i can get them again without having to pay again.

yosemite sam

HSC
online if its something new and your not sure if the album is worth it or if youll like it, and then a hard copy. i dont like burning because, well, its just not the same...

mizosoup

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
Plus iTunes isn't available here anyway (wtf, they're on some huge campaign against illegal downloading and there aren't any legal alternatives).
Yes it is. And there's also sanity, bigpond etc online music stores. So there are legal alternatives.

And yes, CDs - pdf album-art/lyric booklets from iTunes just doesn't cut it.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
mizosoup said:
Yes it is. And there's also sanity, bigpond etc online music stores. So there are legal alternatives.

It is in Australia, but not here.

If I could use it I don't think I'd get entire albums anyway, maybe the odd song but not many. It just isn't the same.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
mizosoup said:

HSC: 2007

yew would suck at detective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)