buying a domain name that has been already taken by an another domain site? (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
I went to 'go daddy' and i wanted a domain name, so i searched if what i wanted was available, turns out it was already taken, but to my surprise it was registered to an another domain company called 'affordable webhosting advertising'. So how could I get it? do I wait till it expires which would be soon, or is there any other loophole to buy it out?

Aeriff

HSC
you can wait until it expires, however after the expiry date it enters a 60 day (from memory) redemption period where it cannot be re-registered by anyone except the original owner. after that time, it is fair game.

or you could get in touch with the owner of the domain and make them an offer.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
see if you can buy it off them, might be something like $500 tho, maybe more.

nevery

HSC
The owner would most likely want to re-register. Your best bet would be to contact the person that is renting the domain and see if they will sell it to you. Could cost you quite a lot. Are you sure you want THAT domain name? Not even a little varient - it could save you a lot of money.

xpertboy

HSC
I had the same problem a few years ago with a domain name I needed. Godaddy said if I paid them $50 dollars they would try to contact the domain owner or company to see if they could negotiate a buyout for me. I paid the fee but they weren't able to do anything. I waited till the domain name expired but it automatically renewed so that option was out the door. I eventually contacted the company to negotiate buying the name and they seriously jacked up the asking price to about $800. I got fed up and abandoned the buyout attempt. Try contacting the company that owns the particular domain you want, some people are less greedy than others and might offer to sell it for a very low price if you negotiate well. Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)