C/D: USyd should be humble and give bonus points. (1 Viewer)

sirpoopalot7

HSC
I got an email saying I was qualified for their Broadway Scheme. I checked the page for it on their site and they said most of the applicants receive the full 5 points? That seems generous. Although they could just be lying haha.

philphie

Banned
HSC
I got an email saying I was qualified for their Broadway Scheme. I checked the page for it on their site and they said most of the applicants receive the full 5 points? That seems generous. Although they could just be lying haha.

damn really? i don't know if that really helps me because i need those bonus points for new courses so i have no idea if i'll get in

jaimebien

HSC
It doesn't work that way at USYD. If your ATAR were 92, and the cut-off for your preferred course were 97, it doesn't mean your ATAR is now 92+5. It means that because your ATAR is within the 5 point range of the cut-off, you're still eligible to be considered for the course. As you know, the university allocates a number of places in each course. The majority of places are given based on ATAR. The rest of the places are allocated to alternate entry schemes, in which they rank Broadway applicants in order of ATAR, from highest to lowest. Taking the example of the course with a cut-off of 97 (ie. 97 being the mark of the score of the student who took the last place that was allocated for ATAR-entry, and not alternate entry schemes), if your score is 96.5, you have a higher chance of entering than a student with a score of 93.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)