CA Achievers program - 2009 (1 Viewer)

Prada_Girl

HSC
I had a look on the 2007 thread for this and apparently it took them quite a while to give people a call. The closing date for 2007 was around the 26/27th..and people in sydney only started receiving calls for group interviews about 1.5-2 weeks after the closing date.

So there is still a possibility for everyone. As another member has mentioned, they do the calling state by state and StudentLeader is from Perth which is why he may have gotten a reply back more quicker than the other states..

Prada_Girl

HSC
When you say awesome work experience what do u mean? Like work experience in many different jobs or like work experience in areas related to the program?
I'm thinking that 'awesome' work experience means that it has been varied i.e. retail/sales/telecommunications..they are looking for an all-rounder who has also been involved with other extra-curriculars such as University volunteering, charity work etc.

It's not all about marks. Another thing that the person who came to talk to us about the program said that you have to fill in the app really well - i.e. give them 2 paragraphs on each question. So it's also about how you word yourself on the app that will give them a test of how you are..

Can any other past achiever give us any tips??

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
Yeh, its not all about the marks...hehe...

im hoping to get into sydney...crossing my fingers:)

Frannz

HSC
Also wanting to get into Sydney, although I need to improve on my extra-curricular activities. Hopefully my D avg will put me through..

Prada_Girl

HSC
I enquired about when they will be in touch and the customer service assistant said they would be notifying people whether they're in or out in the next few weeks...

Hopefully we'll all get through!!!

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
Also wanting to get into Sydney, although I need to improve on my extra-curricular activities. Hopefully my D avg will put me through..
just wondering, do u guys remember a question asking about why you like accounting or something along those lines?
what did u guys say?

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
I enquired about when they will be in touch and the customer service assistant said they would be notifying people whether they're in or out in the next few weeks...

Hopefully we'll all get through!!!
do u reckon it is gonna be during uni or in the summer holidays?

nellyei

HSC
i just got an interview for Canberra.

It was sent by email

good luck guys!

Interviews being held next week, which is still uni for me!

Last edited:

chocolatecake

HSC
N/A
i just got an interview for Canberra.

It was sent by email

good luck guys!

Interviews being held next week, which is still uni for me!
hey! congrats! i'm still waiting anxiously for the Sydney replies!
where are they doing the interviews? At the firm you're working in or Chartered Accountant's firm?

Prada_Girl

HSC
It's specified that it will be in the November/December/January or February break.

I think the question was 'What area in accounting do you prefer and why?' I said that I liked forensic accounting and also external auditing...I think. I pretty much forgot what I wrote, but it sounded okay. .....

Congrats Nellyei! Lol hope they get bak to us soon...*Inshallah - Hope lies with God* :)

91bang

HSC
I got my email from Canberra too, I got an interview next Thursday - its at the CA office in Canberra, they've got assessment rooms... We didn't get a question like you did though Prada_Girl, it was all about behavioral stuff I guess on the application.

lisztphisto

HSC
hmmmmmmmmm i wonder when the sydney application results are going to come out. do they ring you or email you?
we had a question about why we like accounting and how to manage our time efficiently....
and a few on extra curricular activities/employment details...
its interesting how each state's application forms were different!

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
hmmmmmmmmm i wonder when the sydney application results are going to come out. do they ring you or email you?
we had a question about why we like accounting and how to manage our time efficiently....
and a few on extra curricular activities/employment details...
its interesting how each state's application forms were different!
i 2nd this

Prada_Girl

HSC
Wow! So the apps differ across states! That's pretty interesting - thanks for the update, 91Bang! Congrats btw..just waiting, hoping, patiently for Sydney!!

I dunno some people in the 2007 thread said that they rang them. Email maybe for some? Ring others?..

Its gonna be 2 weeks on Monday. I think whatever the outcome for all of us, this saying rings particularly true:

"The pain of regret if you DID not bother to apply is GREATER than the pain of rejection!"

Prada_Girl

HSC
Phoned them today. They will be notifying Sydney applicants by the end of the month as interviews will be held in October.

91bang

HSC
We got questions for Extra Curricular activities and also these two additional questions

"What is your greatest achievement so far? Give us an example and explain the action you took to reach this outcome"

"At times we find we are overcommitted and unable to meet all our deadlines. Describe when this has happened to you and walk us through your strategy for dealing with your workload. "

The rest was pretty general ie work experience marks etc.

nellyei

HSC
anyone who has gone through this program give us any tips on the interview?

Prada_Girl

HSC
I've been through an assessment centre before. The best tips are:

*Be yourself - They chose you for the interview because of this very fact.

*Dress to impress - Yes it may sound superficial, but appearance is everything, people! Don't want a scruffy looking person to come to the accountants place, now do we??!..So professional attire only.

* Don't EVER ever try to put on an act - that just ends up backfiring.

*For the group assessment process - always be friendly with the other candidates, but never TOO friendly - they are still your competitors.. Just be friendly enough to engage in a good discussion with ALL of them.

*Always be polite to your interviewers and thank them for their time, firm handshakes etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)