CA Achievers program (1 Viewer)

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
vce2ec said:
I just got an email saying that I have been offered to attend the group activity for 2008 applicants.

What would be the best way to prepare for it?
Also my results aren't really that flashy. Is that going to be a problem? or at this point are they satisfied with it?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Hey congrats on that - good effort!
Well if you think about it, why on earth would they offer you an interview out of the hundreds of applicants available if they didn't deem you worthy of a possible position? So don't worry too much about the results (actually, don't worry at all) - because you've gotten past round 1 which partially focused on that, so now all they care about is whether you're a whole-rounded person that you have made yourself out to be on paper!

Just prepare in terms of the generic 1-on-1 interview style, so you know. those typical why do you wnat to be.. etc and interpersonal skills questions, like difficult situations etc - those generic things. And also try to get some practice/prep on group-scenario type interviews - as they mark you on teamwork/organisation/time management skills - so if you've got those down-pat then you should be sweet!

Best of luck!

HSC
vce2ec said:
I just got an email saying that I have been offered to attend the group activity for 2008 applicants.

What would be the best way to prepare for it?
Also my results aren't really that flashy. Is that going to be a problem? or at this point are they satisfied with it?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated :)
nice first post, love how u like using people.

btw did u create an acct just to ask that question

chocolates

HSC
ifsonotso_100 said:

Dont be so bitter mate, isnt this community about sharing knowledge and giving people a hand?

Last edited:

vce2ec

HSC
shoxgeneration said:
Hey congrats on that - good effort!
Well if you think about it, why on earth would they offer you an interview out of the hundreds of applicants available if they didn't deem you worthy of a possible position? So don't worry too much about the results (actually, don't worry at all) - because you've gotten past round 1 which partially focused on that, so now all they care about is whether you're a whole-rounded person that you have made yourself out to be on paper!

Just prepare in terms of the generic 1-on-1 interview style, so you know. those typical why do you wnat to be.. etc and interpersonal skills questions, like difficult situations etc - those generic things. And also try to get some practice/prep on group-scenario type interviews - as they mark you on teamwork/organisation/time management skills - so if you've got those down-pat then you should be sweet!

Best of luck!

Also is the group interviews kind of like those interviews for Woolworths?, like how they have observers watching everything you do, or is it about the final output/presentation you give in the end?

Yes. I googled CA work Experience, came across this site and found it to be pretty helpful. But the only way I can post here so I can ask the questions I want, is if I make an account.

Last edited:

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
vce2ec said:

Also is the group interviews kind of like those interviews for Woolworths?, like how they have observers watching everything you do, or is it about the final output/presentation you give in the end?

Yes - both. That's what we had.

chocolates

HSC
my rejection letter came today (victoria) :( lol. Thought there was a glimps of hope there since my WAM is about 88.

But I guess that is to be expected though since i dont have any work experience whatsoever... :uhoh:

saddd day, so sadd

3li

HSC
N/A
mate who cares
its just work exp
ull get over it!

chocolates

HSC
lol im actually not that sad really .. just trying to dramatize things up ^^

vce2ec

HSC
Well I got rejected too...

I'm depressed right now.
There goes my chance to earn some extra $$ and get some experience. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)