• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

CA careers conference (1 Viewer)

volition

arr.
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Awh yeah, and the networking segment, right at the end of the day was a flop. There was nobody left to talk with, all of the stalls had been packed down, and to me, it just didnt seem like the right atmosphere and environment to network and meet people. I got all of my contacts and info in lunch, and around the time slots.

The "tips" that were given in the "making a connection" segment, talking about how to network and stuff, WERE SO COMMON SENSE! Hmmm, I need to make eye contact. Ok. I dont shake somebodys hand with a wet and sweaty hand. Ok.
Yeah, I left after the afternoon tea, after being disappointed at how obvious the 'interview tips' were. I figured the 'networking opportunity' would just be a massive wank anyway, and I guess I was right :)

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
How did they determine who got to go to which firm? I saw all the little name tags in the lobby this morning... and a lot of fresh looking people :)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I saw people in the lobby today as well (but at EY). Anyone from here? lol

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
I went. it was fun i thought. actually, i just liked seeing Brogan, and the cool pens they gave out. LOL.

turtleface

HSC
At our firm visits, William Buck gave out these Vortex toys. While we were waiting around, a bunch of bogans were chucking them at each other right outside the building's doors. I think a few hit passer bys and they were giving the William Buck Logo on the building a scandalous look. Probably not the best way to repay William Buck.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I have like 2 of those vortex's somewhere, lol. Got them at the graduate CA info evening earlier in the year. They had heaps of free stuff there.

H?

buddy
HSC
I was there - William Buck in the morning and EY in the afternoon.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i thought Peter Sheahan was a joke. more like, Peter Sheman.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)