CA or CPA at USyd (1 Viewer)

rx34

HSC
Hi, I'm a combined law student transferee. I have done all the 1st commerce core subjects. If I take the CPA route in USyd, I have to take INFS2001. Even though I got a HD in the first year Business & Info Sys equivalent, I rather avoid the subject unless it's absolutely necessary. Below is the description:

You will learn the importance of an integrated approach to managing business functions including accounting, sales and marketing, logistics and procurement where multiple competing requirements often need to be balanced. You will develop expertise in structured design, including data modelling and process mapping, and specific skills in Microsoft Access and Microsoft Project
Yuck, sounds horrid. Anyway, I plan to work overseas in the future. Can any 3rd year accounting BoS-ers tell me what they did in their CPA/CA route?

rx34

HSC
Oh yes, and I'm leaning towards CA because it's recognised internationally and more prestigious. Also, a very small benefit that CA has is, it doesn't have that 2nd year info sys subject.

akqjt

HSC
Don't worry about CPA - chances are very strong you'll do CA, so just plan your studies around qualifying for that.

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
Yup, CA's generally the one thats most prestgious or that's how it's percieved anyway.

rx34

HSC
Yep I think I'm going to stick to the CA route, no point taking that yucky info sys subject. Thanks guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)