Cabramatta 1980s VS Bankstown/Lakemba etc 1990s-2000 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
any area with an abundance of white protestants and jews is probably a good place
Not always, in fact, there are better places too, like Eastwood and Chatswood (northern suburbs)...

At a lot of times, you can still see areas with white dominance have a lot of crime too, like in the south west sydney region; in fact, these issues aren't necessarily judged by race, but usually from what background they come from, e.g. employment rate, whether they came as refugees or immigrants, etc...

zephyrr

HSC
any area with an abundance of white protestants and jews is probably a good place
also places where there are large numbers of middle class asians, indians, lankans like epping, the hills shire, bella vista etc are fairly descent places

johony

HSC
Not always, in fact, there are better places too, like Eastwood and Chatswood (northern suburbs)...
name a bad place where both these 'ethnicities' are of prominence.

i'm not disputing the fact that there are good places like bella vista, eastwood, perhaps revesby and menai that have decent ethnic populations.

lanss

HSC
i live not far from cabra and have lived here for 10 years, i must say it has definately cleaned up from what it used to be 15 years ago, i went to a school dominated by vietnamese students, and alot of them have come to be fantastic candidates in the hsc, not everything over here is in vietnamese, we have a great small community with MANY ethnic cultures living around here, including lebanese, italians and heaps of australians, and of course vietnamese people.
i went to school near bankstown for 6 years, and grew up there for about 5 years when i was younger, i have to say, drugs are everywhere, there is probably a drug bust within a 10-15km radius of your home every month, it's not just street crime and gangs you have to worry about, it's some stupid people's beliefs.
one of my cousins was stabbed at miller by a gang of youths (i believe they are lebanese muslims) and while in the court room, the mothers of these boys death stared his sisters, now i don't know about you, but i think that is just pure evil, some of these muslim lebanese people just don't appreciate living in australia, and quite frankly, if they don't they can just fuck off, at least the vietnamese community has their tight-knit base in cabra & fairfield, but they at least appreciate living here...

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
iv never felt unsafe in sydney lol eva
such a safe place
so many people around
so many faggts

wagga/dubbo on the other hand

Azurie

HSC
Lol, there are many worse places than bankstown, and revesby is just a suburb in the city of bankstown, so technically it is, Ofcourse you have your constant packs of dry-fit 13-16 year old lebos, who go to the gym and work out Chest,Arms,And traps and regard any other muscle group than walk around the station like neanderthals, but if you stick to yourself and don't have to react to a little smart ass comment that its alright.
Some people like to think, if they walk down a street in south-west Sydney they are going to be murdered, its just as dangerous in other parts of the city regardless of the social-economic status of the people that live there.

Summary : Unless you look for trouble in these areas which people have labeled as extremely dangerous, it is generally a safe place to live. I think the areas around parratmatta such as Granville, and auburn are worse than Bankstown.

End rant.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Lol, there are many worse places than bankstown, and revesby is just a suburb in the city of bankstown, so technically it is, Ofcourse you have your constant packs of dry-fit 13-16 year old lebos, who go to the gym and work out Chest,Arms,And traps and regard any other muscle group than walk around the station like neanderthals, but if you stick to yourself and don't have to react to a little smart ass comment that its alright.
Some people like to think, if they walk down a street in south-west Sydney they are going to be murdered, its just as dangerous in other parts of the city regardless of the social-economic status of the people that live there.

Summary : Unless you look for trouble in these areas which people have labeled as extremely dangerous, it is generally a safe place to live. I think the areas around parratmatta such as Granville, and auburn are worse than Bankstown.

End rant.
Actually the only places with more shootings than Bankstown are Blacktown and Fairfield...

Australia in general is a safe place to live, Bankstown is worse than Parra area though.

Lentern

HSC
Actually the only places with more shootings than Bankstown are Blacktown and Fairfield...

Australia in general is a safe place to live, Bankstown is worse than Parra area though.
Interesting. I'm only speaking from personal experience and not challenging what you've said by any stretch but I live in one of the more derided areas of Western Sydney and when venturing out to Bankstown, Cabramatta or Fairfield, (don't really go Blacktown much) I don't find them substantially scarier than home. The one place I do really not like to be in is Granville.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Come over here, and say what you said into a speaker phone in public.
Why would I want to go anywhere near your poor slums you pathetic idiot.

I can't wait until the IDF kills you and your family.

Also, way to prove my point you stupid, *stupid* cunt.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Why would I want to go anywhere near your poor slums you pathetic idiot.

I can't wait until the IDF kills you and your family.

Also, way to prove my point you stupid, *stupid* cunt.
The contradictions and the hypocrisy... You attempt to make the 'West' seem like a violent place, when you are indeed the violent aggressor.

You're living in your own filth; you're vile and ignorant. I have nothing to say expect 'I'm hungry, so I'm off to eat now' - which I am. Your voice is nothing. What you have to say is nothing. My voice, and the voices of others who are driven by passion, justice and dreams, surpass yours, and will continue to do so.
You have nothing to contribute here, so you're meeting my ignore list. It's the best I can do to improve my quality of cyberlife/browsing around here.

Peace
(in Palestine).

Edit: I was reinforcing your 'point' sardonically.

Last edited:

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
I saw a video the other day of the aftermath of Operation Cast Lead
It was on the ground in the aftermath of a missile attack on a building by Israeli forces.

This guy had taken it and you could see the missile hit this building. The cameraguy hits the ground at this stage and the footage is affected by it, skews left and the phone's obviously skittered along the ground.

The guy runs and picks up the phone and uses it to record the devastation.

A few meters away from him is this guy, conscious, bleeding heavily from what are now the stumps of his legs, trying to figure out what to do.

The guy walks forward, closer towards the building that was hit, seeing devastation and stuff everywhere but one thing stuck with me

There's this... this blob of like... jam, I guess. This big puddle of red jelly, that you can't quite make out, and the guy gets closer and closer to it, it still looks more like a pile of rich red mush and jelly, and that's when you notice what the guy has been zooming in on.

There's a charred baby's arm sticking out of the pool of jelly, that which is the remnants of the child.

I was shown this by a person who is very earnest and anti Israel's 'war crimes'.

My response?

"One less future terrorist".

I don't see them as human.

HSC
N/A
I saw a video the other day of the aftermath of Operation Cast Lead
It was on the ground in the aftermath of a missile attack on a building by Israeli forces.

This guy had taken it and you could see the missile hit this building. The cameraguy hits the ground at this stage and the footage is affected by it, skews left and the phone's obviously skittered along the ground.

The guy runs and picks up the phone and uses it to record the devastation.

A few meters away from him is this guy, conscious, bleeding heavily from what are now the stumps of his legs, trying to figure out what to do.

The guy walks forward, closer towards the building that was hit, seeing devastation and stuff everywhere but one thing stuck with me

There's this... this blob of like... jam, I guess. This big puddle of red jelly, that you can't quite make out, and the guy gets closer and closer to it, it still looks more like a pile of rich red mush and jelly, and that's when you notice what the guy has been zooming in on.

There's a charred baby's arm sticking out of the pool of jelly, that which is the remnants of the child.

I was shown this by a person who is very earnest and anti Israel's 'war crimes'.

My response?

"One less future terrorist".

I don't see them as human.
hahaha I lolled irl haha

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
The contradictions and the hypocrisy... You attempt to make the 'West' seem like a violent place, when you are indeed the violent aggressor.

You're living in your own filth; you're vile and ignorant. I have nothing to say expect 'I'm hungry, so I'm off to eat now' - which I am. Your voice is nothing. What you have to say is nothing. My voice, and the voices of others who are driven by passion, justice and dreams, surpass yours, and will continue to do so.
Passion. Justice.

and DREAMS

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Jee's a total fucking nutcase

Guaranteed suicide bomber. Reporting to ASIO for absolute reals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)