CAD Essay (1 Viewer)

spatula232

HSC
For this Q: Analyse the effects of a sustained increase in a current account deficit on the Australian economy.

The marking criteria has stuff on the causes... Isn't this asking purely for the effects??

aanthnnyyy

HSC
For this Q: Analyse the effects of a sustained increase in a current account deficit on the Australian economy.

The marking criteria has stuff on the causes... Isn't this asking purely for the effects??
I guess to analyse the effects you have to explain the causes or otherwise there's like no 'source'. From my experience in all Eco essays you don't just go to the effect right, because by mentioning the cause it's like discussing the theory? It's a structure that follows 'coherently'. Please correct me if I'm wrong though

atargainz

HSC
Even if the question is asking for purely effects I would put one or two sentences in the beginning of each paragraph before you go on to talk about the effects. Nothing too detailed or extensive though. Eg, one sentence just indicating that net primary income deficit is a main contributor of the CAD, then go on to talk about investor confidence and such ... this is actually a bad example but i can't think of anything properly rn, ideally you would want the cause and effect to have some sort of link lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)