CAD programs for MDP (1 Viewer)

hubbie88

HSC
Hey,
Does anyone know where to get cheap or free CAD programs that are easy to learn? I've heard that some companies make student versions that are cheap or free to students. Anyone know about this?

cheers, Lewis

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
depends what you want to use it for but SketchUp is a favouite of mine. http://www.sketchup.com/ and i see it has just been bought by google because it can be used to make buildings in google earth! very nice and easy to use.

slinky_cumquat

Geriatric
HSC
umm.. Cad programs and cheap do not go in the same sentence... you are better off using what the school offers, and if not, prehaps looking for a place where you could use the program (a tafe/uni maybe?)

most common programs for cad would be Rhinoceros 3D, Adobe InDesign.. thats all i can think of at the moment.

HSC
As with the above post, Cad programs and cheap do not go in the same sentence.. unless you have a friend who can buy you a real copy for cheaper in Malaysia =)

lvlark

HSC
ok a good idea might be to use a friends copy on HIS computer

Last edited:

whitey89

HSC
our school uses "catia" but it cost STACKS. I would recomend pro-desktop cause it really easy to use, not sure how much though.

Thunderbolt

HSC
colincolin30 said:
Solid Edge CAD is the best programme to get
+1 for that, but it's expensive; so maybe you can pursuade your Design Technology faculty to purchase four or five licences.

nicholaswisniew

HSC
hey
i came across this amazing program. not quite what you might call CADprogram but similar.
Its called ZBrush3.
i bought it from a company called
Digital Video Technologies(DVT) for about $600. its the most amazing program to use. its incredibly easy to use.
www.zbrush.com
I havnt seen it available anywhere else except for DVT. for those who are curious DVT is in Unit 34 / 205 Port Hacking Rd, Miranda, NSW.
just a thought
hope it helps

fattat

HSC
N/A
lawl,
Or u can download the Counter-Strike Map making program and make it with that :d ( Valve Hammer Editor 3.4 ) google it :bomb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)