Cadetship 2015 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
Is that an impressive thing for an interview
I'd assume no, it's what they expect when they ask you about a situation where you faced difficulties or needed to change something or so on. Just need to try and show that you did something to change the negatives and you learnt from the process.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd assume no, it's what they expect when they ask you about a situation where you faced difficulties or needed to change something or so on. Just need to try and show that you did something to change the negatives and you learnt from the process.
hmm fair enough.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Is networking crucial for cadetship?
It's not absolutely necessary but it's always good to become acquainted with people in the industry.

I didn't really network, except for the one Cadetship night Chronost took me to. Gotta say, it can propel you in a completely different direction because you can meet people who can introduce to you to different people/ or present you opportunities they may have open that isn't being advertised.

I also think networking can be beneficial down the track. Never know when you might need someone. It's also nice to know some like-minded people. You can learn so much.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
It's not absolutely necessary but it's always good to become acquainted with people in the industry.

I didn't really network, except for the one Cadetship night Chronost took me to. Gotta say, it can propel you in a completely different direction because you can meet people who can introduce to you to different people/ or present you opportunities they may have open that isn't being advertised.

I also think networking can be beneficial down the track. Never know when you might need someone. It's also nice to know some like-minded people. You can learn so much.
will work on that soon, do you think they look for participants who already have experience in the field event though they are 1styear

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
will work on that soon, do you think they look for participants who already have experience in the field event though they are 1styear
Chronost was a rep of BDO last year, he can give you more info on his experiences. Hopefully he hops on soon and sees this post.

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
The cadets I know had minimal work experience but most of them had some tutoring/retail. They just want someone who is enthusiastic and is mature enough to manage working and university with life. You definitely don't need accounting experience (although it would be helpful if you worked in one). Who sounds more interesting: A student who got 90+ atar, played sports at a competitive level and is very presentable + solid communication skills, or a student with 90+ Atar, worked in an little acct firm, can't talk like a normal person (i.e. no banter) ?

Seriously, most of the cadets I met at uni and during my internship at big 4 are REALLLYYYY chilled kids (i.e. easy to get along with etc). Banter on lync during work is great.

HSC
Hi guys anyone interested in UBS cadetships this year ? Is it me or their server doesn't seem to be working ?

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
The cadets I know had minimal work experience but most of them had some tutoring/retail. They just want someone who is enthusiastic and is mature enough to manage working and university with life. You definitely don't need accounting experience (although it would be helpful if you worked in one). Who sounds more interesting: A student who got 90+ atar, played sports at a competitive level and is very presentable + solid communication skills, or a student with 90+ Atar, worked in an little acct firm, can't talk like a normal person (i.e. no banter) ?

Seriously, most of the cadets I met at uni and during my internship at big 4 are REALLLYYYY chilled kids (i.e. easy to get along with etc). Banter on lync during work is great.
This pretty much, having some work experience always helps your case to affirm reasons why you want to go into accounting, but really most people that enter don't have any,however they have shown teamwork/communication skills through their ECs/work-experience and articulated it further in the interview.

Lync is banter 75% of the time :p

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I could tell that the partner was a man united fan, after I got told to leave after some 'light' banter

SmallCalves

HSC
To first year students applying for cadetships

Are you guys aware of any cadetships avaliable besides PWC and EY?
Seems Deloitte and KPMG aren't offering this year and the majority of mid-tier firms are only looking for year 12s

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
To first year students applying for cadetships

Are you guys aware of any cadetships avaliable besides PWC and EY?
Seems Deloitte and KPMG aren't offering this year and the majority of mid-tier firms are only looking for year 12s
bdo

pomsky

HSC
What do you guys reckon is the number one characteristic they look for for in a cadet? And what do you think they'll find 'impressive' on a CV?
Plenty of extracurricular or academic merit?

Also, any tips on applications? c:

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
What do you guys reckon is the number one characteristic they look for for in a cadet? And what do you think they'll find 'impressive' on a CV?
Plenty of extracurricular or academic merit?

Also, any tips on applications? c:
Mix of both ecs and academic , don't need to be an academic genius. And initiative with the EC's , don't just be a participant but actually do stuff

Elise8842

HSC
N/A
Has anyone started applying for PwC as first years?

~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)