Cadetship 2015 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
alksdjfdsa. Now that I think about it, do you reckon UBS lets you do a comm/law degree and work part-time?

Also, do they tell you your %/ results straight away? tbh I was too jumpy and didn't read the e-mail properly LOL. still cannot properly focus on reading it cos a lot of emotion and shiz has happened over the past few days.
There are people at UBS who are doing the cadetship and studying Law/Comm.

I never got a single mark back from all the exams I did...

matchalolz

HSC
alksdjfdsa. Now that I think about it, do you reckon UBS lets you do a comm/law degree and work part-time?

Also, do they tell you your %/ results straight away? tbh I was too jumpy and didn't read the e-mail properly LOL. still cannot properly focus on reading it cos a lot of emotion and shiz has happened over the past few days.
i think the whole point of a cadetship is to gain work experience DURING uni so I dont think they'd let you do a double degree
jk never mind, Phaze actually knows more

pomsky

HSC
There are people at UBS who are doing the cadetship and studying Law/Comm.

I never got a single mark back from all the exams I did...
So after, the waiting game begins... lol

i think the whole point of a cadetship is to gain work experience DURING uni so I dont think they'd let you do a double degree
Why will a double degree stop you from having work experience?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
No they want you to do single degree so they can get their ROI quicker.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeeee, UBS is the only one I know that has double degree cadets, all the accounting ones I know of do single degrees.
Yeee

Companies don't give a shit about you. All the PR and advertising is just bs.

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
So I only just found this thread (I cbs reading the previous threads on this stuff - lol, I'll probs read later on when I find the time).

Like pomsky said, when are the interview offers arriving and if they're soon, would it be too late for me to organise and apply?
Applications have closed for UBS

HSC
Yeh it is too late to apply right now. The last day to do the online assessment is 22nd of May and they will let us know whether we were successful or not by the 25th of May. I just did the online assessment, the questions itself were not hard except the timing made it difficult. For some questions you only had a three minute limit. But good luck to everyone who has applied for UBS! ^_^

HSC
Out of interest why just two and from different industries?
At this point I am actually just trying to give it a shot at both the accounting and financial industry. I was about to apply for PwC too but unfortunately they took down the traineeship program this year for some reason :frown2: But I'm mainly just applying for the experience, so that I get a feel on how the job application progress works etc.

esaitchkay

HSC
I would strongly recommend any individuals interested in business to apply for ALL available programs - big 4/mid-tier/small-tier/co-ops.
You have little to lose (a bit of time), but you have A LOT to gain (application/interview experience, a feel of what business is like, opportunities etc.)

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
I would strongly recommend any individuals interested in business to apply for ALL available programs - big 4/mid-tier/small-tier/co-ops.
You have little to lose (a bit of time), but you have A LOT to gain (application/interview experience, a feel of what business is like, opportunities etc.)
On point.

Watermelooon

HSC
Hi guys
I got an invitation for a Partner Interview in a big firm, anyone who has been to one of these let me know what kind of things to expect? I am not too familiar with this type of interviewing process?? Also (i know this is a stupid questions but....) can someone explain what/who a partner is and what their role is? If not i shall just do some more research on it myself.

Thanks in advance :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
This. And you also get a good chance to suss out your competition! (in all seriousness, it'll help you realise where you stand out and where you don't).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys
I got an invitation for a Partner Interview in a big firm, anyone who has been to one of these let me know what kind of things to expect? I am not too familiar with this type of interviewing process?? Also (i know this is a stupid questions but....) can someone explain what/who a partner is and what their role is? If not i shall just do some more research on it myself.

Thanks in advance :)
Without going into the real technicalities of how a modern professional services firm is legally structured, a partner is essentially an owner of the firm as they have an equity interest. It also means they are personally liable if something goes wrong- 'skin in the game' as some would say. They are the ones who sign their name (or the partnership's name) on documents and have the weight of the partnership behind them - this is particularly important for things like an audit whereby if it turns out their audit wasn't conducted properly then there is an entire partnership supporting them. In essence though, they will be the bosses (and there are multiple levels of partners too).

At cadetship level though you will be asked pretty general questions and they won't be very technical. More likely to cover various situations and ask you how you demonstrated particular characteristics or traits such as leadership, coaching, teamwork, etc... and you'll want to try and link back to specific examples (e.g. I demonstrated leadership when I...., an example of when I dealt with conflict was...,). Also note the interview is there to try and assess your potential because cadetships are all about long term potential with the firm and whether they should take a chance and invest in you now. The way they assess this and what they look for will vary from firm to firm and it's quite a broad assessment but it'll be everything from cultural fit, your genuine interest/passion for the industry, whether or not they see you as a future partner/leader, etc.

darandonman

HSC
Hey guys,

I understand that in business, cadetship programs currently run for accounting whilst UBS offers a finance cadetship.
Would you guys know anyone that has ever gotten a cadetship that isn't in accounting or finance (i.e. consulting)?
I know that firms like KPMG have consulting divisions or do they only ever offer positions in accounting to year 12 graduates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)