Cadetship 2015 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiction

HSC
hey guys :D has the UBS interview offers come out already?

etxpy

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know how many people are in the first round interviews? What is the process like? Thanks

Joffrey

HSC
If I still haven't received an email, does that mean I never even made first round? :(
I though they would email all applicants and let them know if they were successful or not

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
They should email you. Maybe send a follow up email regarding your application status

Joffrey

HSC
Hmmm, I may have to.
Did you all have to do the competency based assessment?

Well done to everyone who got through!

Joffrey

HSC
I got the email! Never made it through :( The email is so harsh hahahaha.

milkytea99

HSC
I know EY took 18, I assume PwC also took in a similar amount (don't quote me on this). I'm going for every firm that offers a cadetship in the top 25
PWC doesn't offer cadetships for year 12 starting from this year...I asked them and I was quite surprised. The only big 4 which offers cadetship this year is EY.

Legitbored

HSC
Got a UBS interview offer as well :) Have never done any interviews but have a solid set of ECs. Can anyone who's had some experience share + enlighten me a bit about the interview process and what to expect in terms of questions? Also, how likely would there be 'weird' questions per say, bc i have a friend in HR at Westpac and he says he tends to ask a weird q at the end of the interview to assess the candidate's logical thinking (eg. how long does it take for a train to travel around the entirety of australia?)

milkytea99

HSC
Is anyone trying for mid tier firms like hall chadwick, crofts etc?

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Yeeee, UBS is the only one I know that has double degree cadets, all the accounting ones I know of do single degrees.
Hall-Chadwick (only if its law supposably) and some small-tiers do offer work for double-degree holders - however to be honest If I was doing a double degree I wouldn't extend my degree further to 7-8 years whilst doing doing a cadetship - I guess if you want to go for a year and then boot out so you got some experience that can be done - but then you should consider if the cadetship is really something you want to do as not enjoying your work whilst on it will leave a bad taste in your mouth afterwards.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Got a UBS interview offer as well :) Have never done any interviews but have a solid set of ECs. Can anyone who's had some experience share + enlighten me a bit about the interview process and what to expect in terms of questions? Also, how likely would there be 'weird' questions per say, bc i have a friend in HR at Westpac and he says he tends to ask a weird q at the end of the interview to assess the candidate's logical thinking (eg. how long does it take for a train to travel around the entirety of australia?)
They ask typical questions like what you know about the market currently, stuff in the news etc.. they might throw harder questions at you like how this would affect UBS or the division you're applying for, also questions about the division you're applying for will be asked (what you know etc..) , other then that standard behavioural questions and trying to find out more about you. (I heard some got curveballs and some didn't last year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)