Cadetship 2020 thread (1 Viewer)

raj123456789

HSC
Hey yall,

When I was applying for cadetships this year I couldn't find a 2019 thread and there wasn't too much info going around for the CURRENT year, so just making this thread for future applicants in 2020 to help in any way I can!
Also if anyone else is up for a discussion about their future cadetship, chuck us a comment and we can have a talk!!!

****Stuck by Katsumi 10/12/2019****

Seremify007 said:
Usually the point of the cadetship is to do full time work, and fit your study around it. I think this concept is quite foreign for people who are coming out of high school/first year uni where education was always the main focus but a cadetship is really just a full time job, with an allowance/appreciation that you need some extra leave/support to enable you to complete your relevant studies.
Previous Threads (Information):

Last edited:

Cherrybomb56

HSC
I haven't actually started, I start in march when uni starts as well, I've only seen the place i'll be working twice, but it is amazing! Super excited!
that's nice, it will also be a new experience, how did you find out about it?

raj123456789

HSC
that's nice, it will also be a new experience, how did you find out about it?
Yeah for sure, it will be awesome to see what it's like working in a corporate environment. And basically found out about it through some guy talking about applying to the UBS cadetship on a discord call and was curious so I researched and applied

Cherrybomb56

HSC
Yeah for sure, it will be awesome to see what it's like working in a corporate environment. And basically found out about it through some guy talking about applying to the UBS cadetship on a discord call and was curious so I researched and applied
awesome, good luck. So can anyone try out for it and what's your job there?

raj123456789

HSC
awesome, good luck. So can anyone try out for it and what's your job there?
Yeah anyone can as long as ur planning on going to Uni for a degree relevant to the cadetship ur applying for and graduating hs
I recommend looking through previous cadetship threads as well, lots of useful info scattered everywhere

akkjen

HSC
N/A
Yeah anyone can as long as ur planning on going to Uni for a degree relevant to the cadetship ur applying for and graduating hs
I recommend looking through previous cadetship threads as well, lots of useful info scattered everywhere
if you dont mind me asking, but what field are you doing your cadetship in?
Also do you know if it too late for 2019ers lol...

raj123456789

HSC
if you dont mind me asking, but what field are you doing your cadetship in?
Also do you know if it too late for 2019ers lol...
I'm in Audit and I think so, a lot of them have already closed, look around though you never know

akkjen

HSC
N/A
I'm in Audit and I think so, a lot of them have already closed, look around though you never know
do you know if i can apply one as a uni student next year? did you do lots of extra curricular?

raj123456789

HSC
how's the pay? 😅
(you don't have to answer)
It's not bad, I can't say specifically but it's pretty good, you should be able to find the pay online, usually, most programs pay very similar +/- a few thousand

akkjen

HSC
N/A
It's not bad, I can't say specifically but it's pretty good, you should be able to find the pay online, usually, most programs pay very similar +/- a few thousand
seems like your set, thanks for the info
wish you best of luck with your exams, job and degree

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Good old cadetships. I think there’s still a few people who lurk and come by every now and then. Hope you’re balancing uni and work alright. It’s tough but it makes you... resilient?

raj123456789

HSC
Good old cadetships. I think there’s still a few people who lurk and come by every now and then. Hope you’re balancing uni and work alright. It’s tough but it makes you... resilient?
Haven't started yet and that seems like a good benefit ahahah, although before getting an offer, when I was researching about all this cadet stuff all your old comments, advice and posts were super helpful, so a big thank you to you!!!
Ur a veteran in this area and thought I might help out with all the new folk like me and keep passing on the knowledge, ur hard work with all the advice motivated and inspired me to make this btw!!!

Also, quick questions, did you have to do full-time work and uni when you did ur cadetship?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haven't started yet and that seems like a good benefit ahahah, although before getting an offer, when I was researching about all this cadet stuff all your old comments, advice and posts were super helpful, so a big thank you to you!!!
Ur a veteran in this area and thought I might help out with all the new folk like me and keep passing on the knowledge, ur hard work with all the advice motivated and inspired me to make this btw!!!

Also, quick questions, did you have to do full-time work and uni when you did ur cadetship?
I'm glad my old posts are still helpful even today :)

And usually the point of the cadetship is to do full time work, and fit your study around it. I think this concept is quite foreign for people who are coming out of high school/first year uni where education was always the main focus but a cadetship is really just a full time job, with an allowance/appreciation that you need some extra leave/support to enable you to complete your relevant studies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)