CADETSHIPS 2012 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Guys, just a random fact, I don't meant any disrespect - but if any of you are following the news, Thomas Kelly who died because of a 'king hit' was an accounting cadet for this year. If you've been following the news you'll discover how sad the story is

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
I only did business law in uni (as opposed to full on law) but I'd say it'd be difficult since it would only be for breach or frustration of contract. There aren't any damages other than the grant, which they would probably seek to recoup if you cancelled.
Frustration due to what? Depends on why he is terminating contract in the first place.

If they do defame you, for you to take legal action against them you have to prove they were knowingly talking shit about you. Which would be pretty hard to prove.

princezeekat

HSC
sydney, i know they already given offers but some people and myself haven't heard anything back since 2 weeks ago!
should i call? mmmm
I was told by a friend that he has his interview with PKF for enterprise this week, so maybe they're still interviewing for other business lines? I think all audit interviews are over, and contracts have been sent out. For Sydney anyways. I think you should give them a call/email just to ask what's happening.

aslhui

HSC
I was told by a friend that he has his interview with PKF for enterprise this week, so maybe they're still interviewing for other business lines? I think all audit interviews are over, and contracts have been sent out. For Sydney anyways. I think you should give them a call/email just to ask what's happening.
yeah thanks!! I'll email them tmr!! coz i received this:
Thank you for your recent application for our 2013 Cadet Program.

We are still currently reviewing applications, and will be in touch with you next week.

and you know its been over a week!! so i was curious~ thats all

classof2012

HSC
N/A
yeah, I'm on the same boat, dw..

i went to the caringbah interviews and they said they'd get back to us with in a few weeks, so i called them and they said they haven't completed the selection process yet and they're still deciding...? not sure when they'll let us know by, but they did say before the end of the week so we should get a call by tomorrow, fingers crossed! :)

aslhui

HSC
oh my, just realised i havent heard back from moore stephens (sydney) as well after this:
Thank you for your application for the Cadetship Program. We will be reviewing resumes next week and I will contact you directly if we wish to progress your application further. I hope you are looking forward to the break.

been 2 weeks already too :l

anyone heard back from sydney moore stephens?

Last edited:

aslhui

HSC
yeah, I'm on the same boat, dw..

i went to the caringbah interviews and they said they'd get back to us with in a few weeks, so i called them and they said they haven't completed the selection process yet and they're still deciding...? not sure when they'll let us know by, but they did say before the end of the week so we should get a call by tomorrow, fingers crossed! :)
YES YES INDEED FINGERS CROSSED!!!
well at least u got an interview~:)

classof2012

HSC
N/A
oh my, just realised i havent heard back from moore stephens (sydney) as well after this:
Thank you for your application for the Cadetship Program. We will be reviewing resumes next week and I will contact you directly if we wish to progress your application further. I hope you are looking forward to the break.

been 2 weeks already too :l

anyone heard back from sydney moore stephens?
Im quiet sure they're done selecting for interviews? i think they've short-listed already and sent out their interviews and 'polite' rejections?

aslhui

HSC
Im quiet sure they're done selecting for interviews? i think they've short-listed already and sent out their interviews and 'polite' rejections?
yes they did for moore stephens (sydney west) but i havent heard from sydneys one tho!

M

MichelleV

Guys, just a random fact, I don't meant any disrespect - but if any of you are following the news, Thomas Kelly who died because of a 'king hit' was an accounting cadet for this year. If you've been following the news you'll discover how sad the story is
Tom was a cadet at Hall Chadwick with me.
It's such a shame what's happened, and everybody there is devastated too.

As I said last year, HC didn't do interviews until the September holidays anyway, but don't expect a call back over the next few days because of the circumstances.
I also expect they'll be looking for about 15 new cadets this year, as many of us that started this year have left or are planning to leave unfortunately.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Frustration due to what? Depends on why he is terminating contract in the first place.

If they do defame you, for you to take legal action against them you have to prove they were knowingly talking shit about you. Which would be pretty hard to prove.
What are you on about? o_O

Frustration because the person is not able to complete the cadetship since they are not enrolled in a suitable degree to complete the cadetship/CA program? And damages arising from any grant monies paid and/or loss of expected income, etc...?

The defamation point I have no idea about why/how you brought that in...

(ps. Have you even studied contract law before?)

Jinks

HSC
Seeing as most firms have finished their recruitment for cadetships, just wondering who ended up getting an offer and where if you did, just thought it would be interesting to see!

HSC
Seeing as most firms have finished their recruitment for cadetships, just wondering who ended up getting an offer and where if you did, just thought it would be interesting to see!
I know two girls above my grade who got offers from PwC and KPMG

I hope I will be like them next year haha

karenpvs

HSC
Someone mentioned earlier that if you took on a double degree, your contract would become void?
I was thinking of taking on International combined business at UTS for next year.
Thus, if it's true that you're not permitted to take on a double degree whilst partaking a cadetship, i'd have a few things to reconsider =/
Although I've already signed and sent my contract, and I have no interest in turning it down...just that, I was really looking forward to international studies =/

smdd

HSC
I was curious if it is rare for a first year at uni to apply for a cadetship.

Jinks

HSC
I was curious if it is rare for a first year at uni to apply for a cadetship.
I wouldn't think it is rare at all, however saying that during the process for PwC and EY no one at the assessment centre was in first year uni. One of the current cadets I spoke to though did apply during their first year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)