Cadetships 2013 thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boat460

65 WAM Prop Trader
HSC
Just wondering if your browser gives you an error during the test for pwc:
Page Not Found (404) Sorry, the page you requested cannot be found in our systems.
For assistance:

• If you are a Candidate, please contact the HR department for support.
does this mean you are screwed ) :

zaczaczac

HSC
In the E&Y cadetship application, what would you list for "programs" next to educational institution if you're only in year 12.....it looks like they're looking for your degrees/majors...so would I "N/A" or like list my subjects...(which seems weird)?

Also anyone know in work experience, what "achievements" would include? I only had a casual job....no real..."achievements".....

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
In the E&Y cadetship application, what would you list for "programs" next to educational institution if you're only in year 12.....it looks like they're looking for your degrees/majors...so would I "N/A" or like list my subjects...(which seems weird)?

Also anyone know in work experience, what "achievements" would include? I only had a casual job....no real..."achievements".....
Just mention "HSC" as your program, which is basically what your studying. N/A should be fine too.

For achievements, I reckon the wording is a bit off too, but mention specific things about your job that shows the skills you've learnt. That's how I precieve it as. Or it could just mean things like Employee of the month awards,etc..Whichever way you want to go.

HSC
I don't really have work experience but I work with my dad sometimes assisting him with plumbing and I was a trained bball referreee but I quit after like one game cause I rather play lol. Can I still put those two things as work experience, or does it look stupid

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
I don't really have work experience but I work with my dad sometimes assisting him with plumbing and I was a trained bball referreee but I quit after like one game cause I rather play lol. Can I still put those two things as work experience, or does it look stupid
If you gained skills and experience from it then go ahead. One game of bbal referee though could be cutting it, I would list any experience u got from the training u did instead(like shadowing a referee for a week or something). Just remember you'll likely be asked on it at the interview so be prepared to expand on it,if you don't have very much to say,better off leaving it out.Alot of people won't have work experience I'm sure,as long you're showing some extra-cirrcular or the like instead, you'll be fine.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just remember that you can embellish all you like now, but if you get to an interview and you had a shoddy example in your CV/application, you'll be hard pressed to elaborate on it when asked! Always have enough up your sleeve for anything you put in writing to add more depth or value to something if asked is how I'd do it.

crazy_paki123

HSC
do u guys know anyfirms aside from PwC, EY and BDO that still have applications for 1st years open?

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
thanks, doubt I would have a chance anyway. There was one more accounting firm that I forgot the name of that has cadetships... not grant thorton. How did you guys go with UBS?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)