Cadetships 2013 thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellentat

HSC
Thanks guys! And thank you for everyone's input and support! Biggest tip I could give anyone that is going to an AC is to be yourself. I was really nervous before my interview and these interviewers are extremely nice and conversational so they'll help you relax, and when you do, just answer authentically. That's what's going to differentiate you from the next candidate.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Congratulations!
:tennisclap:

Seems like today is a good day for people on this forum :lol:
Evidently not for everyone. :haha:

So I 100% knew I was rejected already since email didn't come within the last few days.

But yeah, got confirmed BDO rejection email.

Interesting stats:
- Only 160 applications in total.
- 50 phone interviews.

Oh well.

crazy_paki123

HSC
congrats. Just makes me cringe i was so stupid that i didnt even bother with EY :/ PwC is keeping my slim hope alive lol

asianperson

HSC
For the people who have an offer from both KPMG and EY I highly recommend you go with KPMG......no ulterior motive I promise :p

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad

So I 100% knew I was rejected already since email didn't come within the last few days.

Interesting stats:
- 50 phone interviews.

Oh well.

Wasn't BDO the one with 2 spots?

Glaeder

HSC
CONGRATZ guys, it's brilliant to see everyone's hard work pay off and trust me it will take while for it to sink in I still can't believe that I got in :D

Yeh take Ellen's advice, director today told us at the GC meeting that they are trying to find someone who they would work well with and also enjoy working with rather than a person that is very antisocial and distant from client relations.

P.s. Ellen pick EY it is definitely the firm to be at the moment there is a big push for progression with their current restructuring and re branding as I learnt today and a lot more opportunities are set to arise. Look up EY goal 2020 for futher info

blacktown_

HSC
Phone with BDO- 25mins, with pwc was about 20mins or just over. Btw, which firms did you have face to face interviews with?
sorry for the late reply, i had a face to face interview with ferrier hodgson
btw congrats for getting a job position!! :)

blacktown_

HSC
got an email from BDO, didn't make it through :( hopefully i get another offer from a different business

has anyone heard from ferrier hodgson?

Last edited:

banditsteps

HSC
got an email from BDO, didn't make it through :( hopefully i get another offer from a different business

has anyone heard from ferrier hodgson?
Yup! Got a phone call this morning with a 2nd round invitation set for Friday
Bl for BDO

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Congratulations and Commiserations to everybody so far.

Remember, this isn't your last chance if you don't get an offer now. People's minds change, people get multiple offers, so as the year goes on there is still opportunities! Don't give up hope now!

Jinks

HSC
Congratulations and Commiserations to everybody so far.

Remember, this isn't your last chance if you don't get an offer now. People's minds change, people get multiple offers, so as the year goes on there is still opportunities! Don't give up hope now!
Also remember you can apply in first year if you've missed out!

cheesecheese

HSC
Just got a cadetship offer with PwC for Private Clients :) thanks to everyone on these forums for giving tips and what not

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC

Interesting stats:
- 50 phone interviews.

Oh well.
Just to add on that, there was 14 chosen for interviews at BDO, so I reckon they shortened it alot! Last year they took on 5 times more cadets then this years target of 2, so definitely a smaller group this year!! which is why I guess they were more selective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)