Cadetships 2013 thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
I do recall being asked for strengths and weaknesses in most interviews i had, so I think that is a good one to have prepped :)

crazy_paki123

HSC
hey, i think in the application for the job i said i wanted to do tax (if it even asked lol, bad memory), but now i want to do assurance/auditing. does it matter?

cheesecheese

HSC
Anyone from melbourne received any word from ey (after the online test) or from pwc (after the phone interview, successful/not) ? :eek:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
hey, i think in the application for the job i said i wanted to do tax (if it even asked lol, bad memory), but now i want to do assurance/auditing. does it matter?
Probably worth letting them know since most firms tend to interview you from someone in the area you are interested in.

Examine

same
HSC
Are firms likely to throw any curveball questions in the phone interview stage?

crazy_paki123

HSC
^ Maybe, but i got advice from a familiy friend (works at Deloitte), she said for Cadetships firms are very unlikely to sway from the standardised questions :)

crazy_paki123

HSC
which one is better Tax or Audit? Im thinking of starting off in auditing and stay if i like it. If not, transfer to tax. Is this alrite. Because i am really stuck b/w the two

Examine

same
HSC
which one is better Tax or Audit? Im thinking of starting off in auditing and stay if i like it. If not, transfer to tax. Is this alrite. Because i am really stuck b/w the two
In what sense? They're two different accounting fields so any response would be subjective.

Glaeder

HSC
In what sense? They're two different accounting fields so any response would be subjective.
EY brochure says that both field are for people with good analytical reasoning, since we don't actually know too much about the specifics of each field we can't really go into too much "subjective" questioning in regards to each area I would assume. (Not too sure though)

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
i had my phone interview with BDO just then. I think I failed it, I was pretty nervous
Don't worry, you probably didn't do as bad as you think.
And even then, now you've had an interview so you've got experience for your next one!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
^ Maybe, but i got advice from a familiy friend (works at Deloitte), she said for Cadetships firms are very unlikely to sway from the standardised questions :)
Maybe. But was your family friend in recruitment or just a general person who worked there? I'd be conscious that the newer recruitment techniques which use those online personality tests are very effective at removing the standardised questions approach and targeting them to suit individual candidates and their weaknesses.

That's an approach which a lot of people take- but keep in mind you should've already thought about this from meeting people at either the ICAA event or from the different corporate functions (e.g. the firm's information evenings).

also in Audit goes under Assurance in PwC right?
assurance is a wide umbrella term used by the larger firms, and audits are one of the service offerings within that category.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
i had my phone interview with BDO just then. I think I failed it, I was pretty nervous
I really liked the BDO interview back in my day- we had fun activities in the group session including building a straw tower with straws + sticky tape. I got through to second round but declined.

Examine

same
HSC
If I haven't heard from EY for quite a while since my personality test. Should I email them to check the progress of my app? (I've heard they have given out acceptance and rejection letters to people who have applied later than me so I'm just wondering)

zaczaczac

HSC
If I haven't heard from EY for quite a while since my personality test. Should I email them to check the progress of my app? (I've heard they have given out acceptance and rejection letters to people who have applied later than me so I'm just wondering)
When did you apply?

Haven't heard anything either....(applied like start of last week-ish)

+ do you know if they send out emails or calls?

Examine

same
HSC
When did you apply?

Haven't heard anything either....(applied like start of last week-ish)

+ do you know if they send out emails or calls?
Made my application 20 days ago and finished my personality test a week ago.

zaczaczac

HSC
When you say people who applied later than you got an answer, did they maybe do the personality test slightly earlier??

Hm, maybe they're just still working through them, and doing it in a strange order.

Or maybe if they applied to different sections (advisory, assurance) or whatever to you, they're in like a different queue to you? So they get reviewed at different times?

But I mean, can't be a glitch in the system if others haven't gotten a reply?

Guonner

HSC
Is there anything specific i need to take on the assessment centre day?
because in the email nothing was specified..this is KPMG btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)