Cadetships 2014 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Hey guys;
Not normally like me to ask for advice but this is for a friend tonight :p

She is currently applying for cadetships and she has received a video interview for PwC. We were just trying to figure out what is involved with this interview and what stages come after this. I've tried reading back over this thread but you're all a quiet bunch this year! :p
It's pretty much the same except like Ellen said, the phone interview is replaced with a video interview, firms are starting to do this now instead of using phone interviews, I guess there's several benefits to this. After that it goes AC(depending on firm this will also have a 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 interview)>Manager/Partner interview>offer

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys;
Not normally like me to ask for advice but this is for a friend tonight :p

She is currently applying for cadetships and she has received a video interview for PwC. We were just trying to figure out what is involved with this interview and what stages come after this. I've tried reading back over this thread but you're all a quiet bunch this year! :p
I'm in the same boat, I have a video interview for pwc, what does this involve?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Where's the video interview done I wonder..? Do you do it from your own place or do you go into the offices for that?

Jinks

HSC
The video interview has replaced the telephone interview stage done in previous years. It's done from your home and you will be asked a selection of questions (similar to that discussed throughout the years on these forums as with any interview) and your responses will be captured on video so treat it as any other interview you would be doing with a person.

Good luck everyone and keep the questions coming!

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks guys! I'll pass the info on.

It seems she has to do it at her home, whenever she's free. It records you answers and then I assume, somebody reviews how you respond later.

Rather interesting concept to me, will be interesting to hear her feedback!

Cheers :)

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
Thanks guys! I'll pass the info on.

It seems she has to do it at her home, whenever she's free. It records you answers and then I assume, somebody reviews how you respond later.

Rather interesting concept to me, will be interesting to hear her feedback!

Cheers :)
I did mine for BDO and GrantThornton today. They pretty much ask the same questions as they would in a normal interview. Although the countdown timer in the corner does make it a bit more intimidating as you may feel obliged to use up the whole amount of time.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
What about people who don't have a video camera? I guess this means neither side is stuck on a certain time to do the call which was always a logistical challenge.

esaitchkay

HSC
What about people who don't have a video camera? I guess this means neither side is stuck on a certain time to do the call which was always a logistical challenge.
went out to buy webcam today. did the interview, but completely blanked because it felt so weird talking to a screen. goodbye pwc :|

enoilgam

HSC
Video Interviews are so weird - like, it isnt the questions, but the whole idea of recording yourself speaking. Plus you have to sort of get dressed up - for AMP, I had my shirt, jacket and tie on up top and my boxers down below (I did it at like 11pm).

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
I saw a copy of the email today. It said there was an iOS app.

I mean really, who does a video interview via iphone.

That being said, in this age of technology to be recruiting somebody who doesn't have access to some sort of video camera would be unusual.

Still, I'm on board the weird and un-natural bandwagon. Don't think I could do it even if I can talk to myself for hours on end if need be!

Last edited:

banditsteps

HSC
That seems like such an awkward method for selection... The whole human interaction aspect of it is taken away :S
This would eliminate a lot of potential people that have excellent interpersonal skills :(

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
That seems like such an awkward method for selection... The whole human interaction aspect of it is taken away :S
This would eliminate a lot of potential people that have excellent interpersonal skills :(
I think it's quite the opposite- a video interview gives you a much better way of demonstrating interpersonal skills than an electronic form or a telephone interview. Before you say it's not reflective of the real world way of human interaction, let me just say- it is.

nellin

HSC
I'm in the same boat.

I did my interview for BDO and even though the questions were pretty standard, the timer made me feel quite nervous.

Pretty sure I bombed that interview :(

But on the positive side, it was a good prep for all the other video interviews coming up

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
I'm in the same boat.

I did my interview for BDO and even though the questions were pretty standard, the timer made me feel quite nervous.

But on the positive side, it was a good prep for all the other video interviews coming up
exactly how I feel!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm in the same boat.

i did PwC one, omg the timer!

Yeah im glad im not the only one who bombed it then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)