Cadetships 2014 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

racecarboob

HSC
Got a assurance AC tmr at PwC, anyone else here that will be there also??
What could i expect in the group activities?
How many trainees did PwC hire last year?
Thanks

nellin

HSC
Thanks! It's awesome that they actually called you! Good luck for your PwC AC! Sounds like a great opportunity.
The Meet and Greet is next Tuesday.
You too :D

Which line did you apply for?

I know you didn't ask me, but the one I'm going to is on 8 July.
That's ok! Wishing you the best of luck to you too :D

You can choose to not answer, but what are you doing currently at HC? Is it also private clients? :)

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
You can choose to not answer, but what are you doing currently at HC? Is it also private clients? :)
I'm currently in personal insolvency.

Into my second day and already have some appointments. I've got no bloody idea what I'm doing, hahaha.

What I've currently learned: first day searched if clients had sent in their statement of affairs, if not then send out and amend the initial package sent to bankrupts, follow up anything that hasn't had a response sent, make appointments and I've had some training in systems and processes. It's kind of killing me (I am enjoying it though), I just forgot how hard it is to be the new gal, lol.

nellin

HSC
I'm currently in personal insolvency.

Into my second day and already have some appointments. I've got no bloody idea what I'm doing, hahaha.

What I've currently learned: first day searched if clients had sent in their statement of affairs, if not then send out and amend the initial package sent to bankrupts, follow up anything that hasn't had a response sent, make appointments and I've had some training in systems and processes. It's kind of killing me (I am enjoying it though), I just forgot how hard it is to be the new gal, lol.
Wow. It's great how you're enjoying it. And I'm not saying this in an insulting way, but I'm really surprised how much responsibility they allow cadets to have, even when they first start out.

Enjoy your new job and I'm sure that the "newness" feeling will wear off soon :D

Rorschach

HSC
Ah okay thanks, do you know the status of the Melbourne pwc trainee program? I did my video interview last saturday and haven't heard a response back yet from pwc
Yeah mate, I got an email from PwC Monday and a friend got one today about our applications - Information Session this Thursday evening and Assessment Centre next Tuesday.

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
I've been told that we should have questions prepared to ask them when they ask "Do you have any questions to ask us?" I think I'm overthinking this and trying to come up with some really good question to ask.

thebrodie

HSC
I've been told that we should have questions prepared to ask them when they ask "Do you have any questions to ask us?" I think I'm overthinking this and trying to come up with some really good question to ask.
There are some really in-depth threads on reddit about this, such as:

http://www.reddit.com/r/LifeProTips/comments/1azes7/lpt_6_responses_to_when_an_interviewer_asks_you/

and

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1vcpy7/employers_of_reddit_during_an_interview_when_you/

hope this helps!

Jinks

HSC
Yeah mate, I got an email from PwC Monday and a friend got one today about our applications - Information Session this Thursday evening and Assessment Centre next Tuesday.
Well done mate! Which line of service have you applied for?

Rorschach

HSC
Well done mate! Which line of service have you applied for?
Assurance, although we submit final preferences at the end of the Information Session tomorrow night.
Also had my final interview with BDO today - interviewed for quite a few service lines, and when I spoke with the HR manager afterwards she said they were all really interested in me! Also got handpicked to interview for/go into Corporate Finance which was amazing, it'll be a tough choice if I get an offer from PwC haha

Jinks

HSC
Assurance, although we submit final preferences at the end of the Information Session tomorrow night.
Also had my final interview with BDO today - interviewed for quite a few service lines, and when I spoke with the HR manager afterwards she said they were all really interested in me! Also got handpicked to interview for/go into Corporate Finance which was amazing, it'll be a tough choice if I get an offer from PwC haha
Sounds like you're doing very well, my suggestion for events like these would be talk to everyone, going through these sorts of things myself the best knowledge about each area came from the people I met throughout the processes. Personally I ended up applying for an area I had never considered before - best choice I ever made!

Rorschach

HSC
Jinks;6657276 Personally I ended up applying for an area I had never considered before - best choice I ever made![/QUOTE said:
Which area are you in, if you don't mind me asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)