Cadetships 2014 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Hi! New member here, recently discovered this thread seeing as I'm applying for cadetships myself. Everything here has been very helpful, so thank you! Was wondering if BDO have contacted all successful candidates for 2015 already, or are they still on the process?
Which service line? For Audit they've been contacted recently.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Is this a case for taking an offer from another firm or you just overall having seconds thoughts about doing one?

The first one is quite common, the second can be harder to do but still understandable.
agreed. and it's better to decline their offer now than to accept and pull out just before you're due to start.

rodneymate

HSC
agreed. and it's better to decline their offer now than to accept and pull out just before you're due to start.
Yeah it's really bad to accept and pull out later. Like really bad. Looks like I'm gonna decline EY and accept pwc

edit: I picked pwc. I recommend everyone else do so too....its much better

Last edited:

jessdfghjkl

HSC
Hi all :) finally decided to make an account after reading all the posts. thank you to everyone, they've all been so helpful!
So I was just wondering has anyone heard back from BDO? Other than for audit? Been waiting for almost a week since the meet and greet :( also did anyone else go for the BAcc interviews? Just heard back from them today :p

esaitchkay

HSC
Nothing from BDO (audit though, so I know it's over for me haha). I got a reply from BAcc today though!

jessdfghjkl

HSC
Nothing from BDO (audit though, so I know it's over for me haha). I got a reply from BAcc today though!
Ah unlucky :( I applied for Private clients and the wait is just killing me hahah did you apply for anything else?
Oh how'd you go?

Prouille24

HSC
Unlucky, but there are plenty of chances to still get in as people will take up cadetships, gap year etc.

Prouille24

HSC
Yeah, I got an interview for one but didn't get in at RSM bird Cameron and I got rejected from a few others including the big 4. However, I have applied for more and still haven't got any response. I also applied for scholarships from other faculties at various universities

esaitchkay

HSC
Ah unlucky :( I applied for Private clients and the wait is just killing me hahah did you apply for anything else?
Oh how'd you go?
Guaranteed entry into BAcc, which is surprising, because I thought I got grilled.

Re. applying for other thing, I've had interviews for a few more programs/cadetships. Lucky on the 4th hah.
Still waiting on the last firm to contact me though.

Last edited:

Prouille24

HSC
Guaranteed entry into BAcc, which is surprising, because I thought I got grilled.

Re. applying for other thing, I've had interviews for 5 programs/cadetships. Lucky on the 4th hah.
Nice, yeah I thought I got grilled in the one on one interview as well. Left the room feeling really bad and I was so surprised I got an offer. Btw what day did you go on and can you estimate how many people got guaranteed offers.

Also, what do you reckon the atar cut off for guaranteed entry would be and what is the lowest atar that someone got who is in BACC.

esaitchkay

HSC
I attended the Friday afternoon session and had the first interview slot, which really was, quite convenient.
I suppose I was a bit disappointed at their lack of enthusiasm during the interview - I thought it was an indicator haha.

It says on the booklet that around 30-35 spots are available for BAcc, so I'd assume they gave the same amount of spots as 'guaranteed' positions. However, as you have mentioned in an earlier post, many will go towards cadetships, gap years etc.

Regarding the ATAR Cut-off, search this forum for threads, keywording "BAcc." I've seen some posts where people have received 91 atar or something.

Furthermore, I think these concerns could be better addressed by the actual program co-ordinators, or current/ex-BAcc students.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Did I meet you at the meet and greet, seeing as you applied for private clients ?

jessdfghjkl

HSC

Re. applying for other thing, I've had interviews for a few more programs/cadetships. Lucky on the 4th hah.
Congrats to you too!! HAHA don't be surprised, you probably impressed them a lot :)

Lucky on the 4th being the BAcc? Or are you also considering other cadetships?

Prouille24

HSC
I attended the Friday afternoon session and had the first interview slot, which really was, quite convenient.
I suppose I was a bit disappointed at their lack of enthusiasm during the interview - I thought it was an indicator haha.

It says on the booklet that around 30-35 spots are available for BAcc, so I'd assume they gave the same amount of spots as 'guaranteed' positions. However, as you have mentioned in an earlier post, many will go towards cadetships, gap years etc.

Regarding the ATAR Cut-off, search this forum for threads, keywording "BAcc." I've seen some posts where people have received 91 atar or something.

Furthermore, I think these concerns could be better addressed by the actual program co-ordinators, or current/ex-BAcc students.
Hopefully I will be alright then as I have set an aim of 95 but at the worst could get around 93 which will hopefully get in.

Also, I am thinking of taking a gap year, so that might mean a spot is freed up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)