Cadetships 2014 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ameher

HSC
Goodluck for the interview guys! a great learning experience and very enjoyable

esaitchkay

HSC
Sunday. You get to miss out on a day of school!
Yup. I would be alright with missing out on school if I were to disregard the fact that I have assessments two days later.

Best of luck though, nexusbrah!

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Yup. I would be alright with missing out on school if I were to disregard the fact that I have assessments two days later.

Best of luck though, nexusbrah!
HAHA shiet! You'll be fine.

Thanks a lot! And you too :)

Mikasa

HSC
Thanks for the advice!! And best of luck to everyone! :D

ameher

HSC
Thanks for the tips! Hopefully I'll learn a lot from this interview, as you said. :)
Yep thats the main thing. Having interviewed at investment banks and law firms (eventually securing a position) it helps once you have been to a few interviews you start to pick up on mannerisms, and generally not feeling nervous and being natural and engaging in a conversation with the interviewer, rather then it being an 'interview' in a sense.

mcng

HSC
Does anyone know how many people are offered first round interviews? So far i know about 4 people including myself

Mikasa

HSC
Quite a few I think. First round interviews is the stage where the culling really begins (from what I've heard anyway... but then my sources aren't ever reliable lol).

esaitchkay

HSC
Quite a few I think. First round interviews is the stage where the culling really begins (from what I've heard anyway... but then my sources aren't ever reliable lol).
^^ This. Holding it off-HQ makes it seem more so.

HSC
Thanks chronost i remember asking u about cadetships and accounting tafe last year :)

Oh yes i meant b.com with an accounting major:) i cant really decide between accounting and actuarials atm..
Hi there!

I was in the exact same position as you last year trying to decide between accounting vs actuarial. If you have any interest in accounting at all, I would still recommend applying to as many accounting cadetship/co-ops as possible. You can always change your mind during the recruitment process and it'll still be an extremely useful experience going though the networking events, online applications, online testing, phone interviews and assessment centres which consists of interviews, group exercises, written exercises and more computer testing (this was for PwC last year). The process is more or less the same as the vacation/graduate programs that you will apply in uni anyway.

If you have your heart set on actuarial, the best option would be to apply for the co-op scholarship at UNSW. It's one of the biggest programs with 13 places this year and I would highly recommend that you start your application asap when it opens around June (I think).

Last edited:

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Hi there!

I was in the exact same position as you last year trying to decide between accounting vs actuarial. If you have any interest in accounting at all, I would still recommend applying to as many accounting cadetship/co-ops as possible. You can always change your mind during the recruitment process and it'll still be an extremely useful experience going though the networking events, online applications, online testing, phone interviews and assessment centres which consists of interviews, group exercises, written exercises and more computer testing (this was for PwC last year). The process is more or less the same as the vacation/graduate programs that you will apply in uni anyway.

If you have your heart set on actuarial, the best option would be to apply for the co-op scholarship at UNSW. It's one of the biggest programs with 13 places this year and I would highly recommend that you start your application asap when it opens around June (I think).
Unfortunately she can't apply for any, that's why it's harder to choose.

gahyunkk

HSC
Hi there!

Thank you for ur advice but as chornost said im not qualified for both of them:(

So what are you doing in uni now?

ameher

HSC
Fuarrrr had an interview today.

I felt like it went well. I hope they felt the same!
Hope you went well. Where was the interview at? you generally get a good positive vibe throughout when you have a laid back conversation during the interview and are able to be yourself throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)