Cadetships 2017 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

etxpy

HSC
N/A
Calm down mate. You're giving off a very negative vibe, and I know for a fact EY HR browse these forums.

Last edited:

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Anyone looking for an entry level role in insolvency? The firm I work for is hiring.

It isn't a cadetship but will provide training required and has some level of flexibility to accomodate undergrads.

If you interested or know anyone who may be interested, let me know.

Note: you need to be at least currently in your first of uni, be in the progress of completing or having completed your course to apply.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

uppitymantis

HSC
Before I start my cadetship next year, is it likely that the firm is going to ask what ATAR I got? I'm feeling the ATAR I predicted was a bit too optimistic since trial results.

Last edited:

si2136

HSC
N/A
Before I start my cadetship next year, is it likely that the firm is going to ask what ATAR I got? I'm feeling the ATAR I predicted was a bit too optimistic since trial results.
Congrats!

They don't really care, as long as you make it to a course that fits their requirements.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Have a video interview tomorrow. Haven't done an online one before so I guess it's a good experience!

Anthel

HSC
N/A
Oh Jeez its been so long since I've been on BOS. Atm Im currently applying for a BDO Cadetship, anyone else doin the same?

Anthel

HSC
N/A
Have a video interview tomorrow. Haven't done an online one before so I guess it's a good experience!
I've done a video interview for PwC. Its a lot shorter than I expected and I wasn't chosen for AC (I didnt make it). But it was a unique experience, phone interviews are pretty much dead.

uppitymantis

HSC
Hey guys, I have a question regarding the dress code for accounting cadets. With formal coming up shortly I will be buying a suit but should I get a couple for work or is a dress shirt and dress pants enough. Keep in mind it is a mid tier firm in the cbd.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, I have a question regarding the dress code for accounting cadets. With formal coming up shortly I will be buying a suit but should I get a couple for work or is a dress shirt and dress pants enough. Keep in mind it is a mid tier firm in the cbd.
You should have at least one matching jacket and trouser set. I found most days you will not need the jacket (Just for days you may have important meetings with clients for instance) and you may be able to leave it at work or just bring it as needed. It's also helpful to have in the future if you need to go to a job interview or formal occasion (say a Wedding or Funeral).

All your other trousers and dress shirts can be whatever you like. It might be worth getting a few pairs of the same trousers as the jacket. You'll wear them a lot more than the jacket, so you don't have to worry if a pair is damaged or unclean then that it won't match on short notice.

si2136

HSC
N/A
It's a relaxed culture in Australia, you'll never wear a suit unless you're higher up or meeting with clients. You'll be okay with slacks.

Examine

same
HSC
Good luck ppl

Remembering the days of being a cadet. Goes fast... and before you know it you're a senior, supervisor or a manager.

Feels like so much time has passed since back then :p

We should catch up sometime

Examine

same
HSC
Also, for those who didn't receive an offer during main rounds but are still interested in a cadetship, I would suggest to search around after HSC and ATAR results come out. I think it's been mentioned previously in this thread but it's a common occurrence for people who received an offer to pursue different opportunities For example, the cadet that was supposed to start in my team January this year at my previous firm received an offer for Medicine, and opted to go for that (usually it's Comm/Law though).

A few mid tier firms will definitely advertise via Seek and through other means in the event that this happens (which it most likely will), and I feel as though not many people capitalise during this period.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Feels like so much time has passed since back then [emoji14]

We should catch up sometime
It has been 3+ years, haha.

Yeah, let me know when you're free. Maybe we can organise an oldies evening, haha.

Kolmias

HSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)