Cadetships/Traineeships (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey,

One of my friends from school just got a cadetship with Deloitte and will be working and studying in the city next on a pretty nice wage.

I was just wondering if there are any engineering equivalents for year 12 leavers at any companies???

thanks

edit-i live in melbourne and will probably be studying at monash/melbourne, so any suggestions near to home would be appreciated!!!

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Deloitte, isnt that an accountancy firm, why would they want engineering students?? do they take 2nd year uni students?

HSC
yeah...i was just asking if there were any engineering firms that did the same kinda thing.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Ask your local council or check their job opportunities frequently. For example my local council was offering 2 cadetship positions for 1st year civil engineering students. Also if you find a cadetship/traineeships at a council your job will be easy.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Musk said:
engineering isnt like business where you learn as you go, you need to do learn enough knowledge to do it right
but why do i see more engineering cadetships/traineships then business?

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
I dont have the link because the positions were advertised about a month ago and are finished. Wollongong council was offering it i also know that Shellharbour council also offer civil cadetship/traineeships.
Wollongong is currently offering a cadetship for business systems and that requires a completion of minimum 12 credit points and maximum 48 points, but the engineering ones did not specify any requirements about points completed when i read it.

Last edited:

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Nah it was advertised as uni students and it was for 2008. I hardly see tafe traineeships, because the shellharbour one was a traineeship position but still required civil uni students.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
nah it was a full casetship for 1st or even 2nd year uni students as it said the cadetship will go for 6 to 7 years, so its basically doing part time uni and working at same time.

pottsy44

HSC
there is plenty of building/engineering cadetships/traineeships out there mate.

i've had 2 jobs (quantity surveyor and now building surveyor), within my time at uni.

i currently get paid quite well, they pay for my uni degree, i get 1 full day off to attend uni (standard) and i work flexible hours, so i can get to work early/late and leave early/late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)