Cadetships! (1 Viewer)

=candii=

HSC
is it unusual for a cadet to study B Economics and have a double major in Economics + Accounting?

shonkay

HSC
..okay never ever ever posted here before but why not start now (even though i SHOULD be studying lol) =)

toffee123 said:
KPMG starts in feb.

Any other KPMG ppl out there?!

Those who have their contracts, whats your salary package? And if you have multiple offers, which firm are you going for and why?
I got into KPMG *grins* which was the one i wanted so im EXTRA happy.

As for contracts, most KPMG contracts that I've heard of (inc. mine) are $28k...but I can't remember if the $550 textbook thingy was on top. For me, I wasn't worried about the money bit when I accepted the cadetship- I think experience is much more valuable than the sound of kachings :) Most of the cadetship package thingies are about the same, but the most I've heard was $33k at PWC for a certain division? (Although the guy who got it..and also got KPMG..and EY and the UTS Co-op *wow* said the division seemed boring...and I sorta forgot the division so yeah lol)

bratty46 said:
hey just wondering if anyone has received any cadetships with camphin boston, ferrier hodgson or pitcher partners? as i have received offerings and am not quite sure which one to choose!
My friend got one from Camphin Boston quite early on in the selection stage, but she never heard from them again so maybe they got it a lil wrong or something lol but she ended up with one at PKF.

phrred said:
is there a chance of gettin an intern if youre in the 2nd yr of a double degree?
At my PWC interview, there was a guy on my table who was doing a double degree for Economics and Commerce (I think) and this was his first year, and he was applying to start the cadetship in his second year so he'd have 4 years of uni left and it'd fit in with the single-degree-cadets, so I guess you can get in for your 2nd year.

seremify007 said:
One of my friends is in some building/conveyancing company on a cadetship too- so they do exist in other areas; it's just Accounting seems to offer the most.
Bluescope Steel is also offering cadetships for...steel engineering i think? A bunch of different types of engineering (that I have no idea about, and the names are really really long). I think they're based in Wollongong or something...u go to Wollongong Uni and they have plants in Port Kembla and Kiama or something like that =)

=candii= said:
is it unusual for a cadet to study B Economics and have a double major in Economics + Accounting?
I thought you can only do a Commerce or Business course and then u can major in Eco and Acc but I guess it depends on the firm.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
shonkay said:
Most of the cadetship package thingies are about the same, but the most I've heard was $33k at PWC for a certain division? (Although the guy who got it..and also got KPMG..and EY and the UTS Co-op *wow* said the division seemed boring...and I sorta forgot the division so yeah lol).
I doubt it. That will require first year trainees at PwC this year to get a pay rise of over $7000 to warrant a new starter getting that much.

The going rate for single degree cadetships next year is apparently $29,000.

turtleface

HSC
phrred said:
can 2nd/3rd yrs of a 5 yr degree get vacation/interns?
yes they can. Some firms permit this (such as PwC melbourne). If not, there is always the CA Achiever program (usually for 1st years but double undergraduate degree 2nd years allowed only if you did the first accounting subject in the first semester of the year you apply) and also the CPA Passport program which is open to everyone and also has less onerous requirements to get in (i.e. no interview etc)

and also
phrred said:
is there a chance of gettin an intern if youre in the 2nd yr of a double degree?
turtleface said:
From my experience, only PwC (in melbourne) has. They've taken people in 2nd yr/5.

If you want to get in for anything no matter what year level, you can pay $50 and apply through the CPA Passport program. Thats a bit of a lucky dip though, you can go anywhere from BHP to an Accounting firm, to government, anything

CPA Passport is open to everyone

Last edited:

=candii=

HSC
is B Commerce and B Business the onlllyy courses you can take for the cadetship? thats why i was asking about the B Economics before....coz if you dont make it into B Commerce...and you'd prefer to stay at unsw :eek:... lol

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
MS West? I know a couple ppl from there... i think u're referring to the Parra Moore Stephens right?

As for the $33k- I haven't heard anything about that... but doesn't mean it isn't true :)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
seremify007 said:
MS West? I know a couple ppl from there... i think u're referring to the Parra Moore Stephens right?

As for the $33k- I haven't heard anything about that... but doesn't mean it isn't true :)
Well if I was a PwC cadet and it was true, I would be pretty dam pissed off...lol

theone123

blue essence
HSC
turtleface said:
yes they can. Some firms permit this (such as PwC melbourne). If not, there is always the CA Achiever program (usually for 1st years but double undergraduate degree 2nd years allowed only if you did the first accounting subject in the first semester of the year you apply) and also the CPA Passport program which is open to everyone and also has less onerous requirements to get in (i.e. no interview etc)

and also
huh, i don't get you, you got the CA Achiever and CPA Passport Program in the same summer break? :S

ph0en1x

HSC
yeh...parramatta moore stephens, i had my interviews with nicole and stewart. is it a good firm seremify?

Adeline

HSC
ph0en1x said:
yeh...parramatta moore stephens, i had my interviews with nicole and stewart. is it a good firm seremify?

I worked at MSSW from Jan 05 - Jun 06... as a cadet last year I worked for Stewart...he's a pretty good boss and his group is probably the best but then I'm biased... I live in Western Sydney so MSSW is very convenient in terms of transport... I quit my cadetship in Jan 06 then rejoined the firm under a casual position in a different division...which has now broken away from MS

I miss MSSW... especially the people, it's a very relaxed friendly young firm and the social functions use to go off. MSSW is big enough that there are opportunities for you to move up and get recognised but small enough that you get exposure to a lot of different clients...and you're not sitting they're photocopying and filing all day

Even though I decided that accounting wasn't for me and changed my degree to psychology Stewart was nice enough to help me find a casual job within the firm…so if you’re going to be working there ph0en1x try and get into Stewart’s group

Who do you know at MS seremify?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ph0en1x said:
From what I hear it's a good firm :) My friend in MS (city) really likes it.

Adeline said:
I worked at MSSW from Jan 05 - Jun 06... as a cadet last year I worked for Stewart...he's a pretty good boss and his group is probably the best but then I'm biased... I live in Western Sydney so MSSW is very convenient in terms of transport... I quit my cadetship in Jan 06 then rejoined the firm under a casual position in a different division...which has now broken away from MS

I miss MSSW... especially the people, it's a very relaxed friendly young firm and the social functions use to go off. MSSW is big enough that there are opportunities for you to move up and get recognised but small enough that you get exposure to a lot of different clients...and you're not sitting they're photocopying and filing all day

Even though I decided that accounting wasn't for me and changed my degree to psychology Stewart was nice enough to help me find a casual job within the firm…so if you’re going to be working there ph0en1x try and get into Stewart’s group

Who do you know at MS seremify?
As for who I know in the firm, I don't know many people from MSSW. I talked to Stewart and Nicole quite a bit (feel free to ask them if they remember who the talkative, "ask-alot-of-questions" Asian guy who ended up in PwC is), and from the cadets, I only know Tina (I think she got seconded somewhere?) and this Indian guy from my accounting tutorial at UNSW... I keep forgetting his name >< Friendly guy who seems to know his stuff.

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
i made it into pitcher partners for the cadetship

if anyone reading this made it into that as well add my msn cool_dude_88@hotmail.com

it would be great meeting people next year in advance :D

saz88

HSC
N/A
Hi

I'm in yr 11 at the moment, I was wondering how did you apply for ARW cadetship?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Evilwetwilly said:
umm....another question wat are the main devisions that are usually offered?....nicole kinda already outlined some but i kinda forgot...
Sorry I'm not quite sure about that but IIRC there are two choices- audit/assurance and business services. Not sure if tax is offered. Either way, I recommend you check out their website for more info- http://www.mspmn.com.au/

bukwow said:
i made it into pitcher partners for the cadetship

if anyone reading this made it into that as well add my msn cool_dude_88@hotmail.com

it would be great meeting people next year in advance :D
LOL nice email address you got there mate. It's very original! Did you use it on your cadetship application form? I know someone who used her "sunshine girl" address!

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
LOL nice email address you got there mate. It's very original! Did you use it on your cadetship application form? I know someone who used her "sunshine girl" address!
lol sorry to disappoint you but no :p, i use a separate email for my cadetship, joekam88@hotmail.com... very original ain't it? lol

but then again, same would go to evilwetwilly aye haha, i can imagine the HR manager sending the email of confirmation after the interview :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)