Caesar- Conflicting Perspectives (1 Viewer)

HSC
Noone? I'll start you off...

Brutus' inner conflict
Brutus, dedicated to the principles of the Republic, to love and friendship, to duty, and to honour, is unsure about whether he should kill Caesar for the good of Rome, or not, because of his friendship with him. The third person “poor Brutus, with himself at war” shows not only Brutus’ uncertainty about what he should do, but also shows how he separates himself from himself, allowing him to stand back and assess the situation without any feelings of loyalty, duty or friendship which may make his decision bias.

Caesar's perspective of Cassius and Antony's of Cassius
Caesar-"Cassius has a lean and hungry look" (not a good thing)
Antony- "Fear him not, Caesar, he's not dangerous,/ He is a noble Roman, and well given."

Know any more? Share them =D

N

Nicola1616

This module is also more than just the identification of conflicting perspectives. You don't just need to identify where and how a character is conflicted or conflicts with another. It is about analysing the act of representation of conflict and thinking about how this affect meaning and therefore responses. Also remember that this is a blue-print for a dramatic performance, it's not a novel, so you have to consider its structure as a play, scene placement, direct appeal to the audience, use of dramatic irony etc - not just quotes.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't understand how you could post in a forum that is incorrect, twofold. Firstly, these pack of forums are for HSC 2009, and the discussion of those exams. Secondly, Module C isn't in Paper One.

N

Nicola1616

wow! that is so incredibly helpful - thank you. I understand how betrayed and bewildered you must be by all of this crazy wrong 'pack of forums' nonsense. And oh my god, module c isn't in paper one? You are just the best - thank you

N

Nicola1616

module c = representation in texts

read rubric, base entire study off rubric. not necessarily about responses though - thats simply one aspect of it....not that major
Read the sullubus - especially if you are tutoring!

N

Nicola1616

maybe you guys should lay off the coffee for a while and see if that helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)