• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Caffeine Water?!? (1 Viewer)

Aerostar39

HSC
Hey guys. I'm helping out a friend who is developing a new product. What do you think of water that contains caffeine in it? Think about this...you want some extra energy but caffeine involves high caloric coffee beverages or energy drinks with ingredients that you haven't heard of. Caffeine makes you dehydrated but water hydrates you. Wouldn't this be an interesting combination? Thoughts? Would you buy this?

Tim035

HSC
My mate has cartons upon cartons of caffeine water and creatine water in his garage (probably several 1000 bottles). A Japanese company made them and imported a container ship of them to Australia, but then went bankrupt and didn't have the money to ship them back to Japan so they just gave it all away for employees (which my mate was at the time).

My first question would be, why not just buy a packet of 30 no-doz tablets for $6 and take each of them with a bottle of water? There's also already a variety of powders you can dissolve in water (similar to powerade and gateorade powders) that contains caffeine in them. Check out NO explode & white flood.

If you could produce a powerade-like sports drink with caffeine in it, at a cheaper price then energy drinks like redbull AND sports drinks, then I could realistically see a market for them. Especially at any sports event or concert / festival, where people need energy but don't want to dehydrate themselves by drinking a softdrink. I'd put money down that there is already a hell of a lot of patents / copyright covering this though, which could make legally producing such a drink a very costly process.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Hey guys. I'm helping out a friend who is developing a new product. What do you think of water that contains caffeine in it? Think about this...you want some extra energy but caffeine involves high caloric coffee beverages or energy drinks with ingredients that you haven't heard of. Caffeine makes you dehydrated but water hydrates you. Wouldn't this be an interesting combination? Thoughts? Would you buy this?
caffeine is extremely bitter

you need sugar or a sweetener

i.e. vitamin water

Sadiah

HSC
It'd be an interesting amalgamation, yes.

But, I wouldn't buy it. :)

Doubt the taste would appeal to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)