Votes: 21 61.8%
  • NO

Votes: 13 38.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HMF

Señor CAFS Dude
HSC
Hey just out of interest, i'm looking into what people perceive cafs to be like. E.g. An easy bludge: Alot of people say that it's just a waste of time and people only do it because it's easy. I dont seem to understand, theres a heck of alot of content to study and memorise like groups in context, 10 - 12 groups with specific statistics from australia's welfare etc etc. It's alot to remember. Feel free to voice opinions :)

0hNivlek

HSC
Many people seem to think that CAFS and Society&Culture are bludgy and easy. The head teacher of social science had to come in to explain that it's actually a pretty hard subject - with so much content & the major works.

Rainie

HSC
Same thing for Hospitality. There's so much content to study for that you just wanna whack the teacher across the head with that heavy lever arch full of paper.

HSC
so what, theres alot of content....big deal.
bio has alot of content too.
cafs is EASY EASY EASY EASY!
its common sense, seriously! so, theres a few legislations & stuff but overall its way easy!

shell.q

HSC
content amount ways yes it is hard, u just have to be organised, i mean our cafs teacher gives us on average one essay and a set of qstns tht take around 1-2hours a week.
is the subject itself hard as in the actuall work no, it is just over and over the well-being crap, as said above it is a lot of common sense.....idk why i am doing it lol

HSC
im doing it because im interested in it lol & its good to have an easy subject to relax in.

Disco Dinosaurs

HSC
Honestly, CAFS is a bludge. I studied for one night, while at a dance rehearsal, for the test and I got 96 external, 93 overall. It was definitely the easiest subject as alot of the knowledge is just common sense. Learning statistics, terminology and legislation and applying it to the common sense is all you really have to do, its fairly simple in my opinion. Although I still thought it was a pretty fun subject, the newspaper articles we got to read were always interesting, it was jsut not particualrly difficult.

kara42

HSC
I wish my school was cool enough for CAFS.
I would have chosen it in a heartbeat.

HSC
My schools cool enough to have both :D
I dont find it a bludge a lot of people do, my cafs class we do more then what we do in sac, wish we did more in it!

LOVE both classes :)
luckyyy! no we do work, its just SOOOO EASY!!

shannon_6

HSC
It's not a bludge as such - there's a fair bit of content to remember and the I.R.P can be difficult - but it's a definitely one of the easier subjects. Actually, it's the easiest subject I do :D hehe

HSC
It's not a bludge as such - there's a fair bit of content to remember and the I.R.P can be difficult - but it's a definitely one of the easier subjects. Actually, it's the easiest subject I do :D hehe
easiest i do too :D

jamesishere

HSC
I only found out there's a subjects called "community and family studies" today and i though WHAT A JOKE-i'm sorry but it just sounds bludgy

well thats my opinion...

lollydolly28

HSC
I only found out there's a subjects called "community and family studies" today and i though WHAT A JOKE-i'm sorry but it just sounds bludgy

well thats my opinion...
There is a huge amount of content, statistics, needs, and processes that one needs to have memorised. We get on average an essay each week, and these aren't your usual essays, they require multiple definitions and the respondent must include detailed references to the impact on the individuals wellbeing as well as examples etc. This essay form is so vastly different to any other type of essay that it needs to be practiced excessively in order to even get a decent mark. I do both histories, mathematics and english advanced and CAFS requires the most work and time. So I strongly disagree with your vastly uninformed opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)