CAFS IRP need URGENT help to fill out questionnaires! Attitudes toward education. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

valhall

HSC
Hello everyone. My name is Sarah and I am in year 12 at Merewether High School. For my Community and Family Studies Independant Research Project I have chosen to study the differences in attitudes toward education between the three education systems in public, private, and selective schools. My focus is not on which type of schools are best, but rather the attitudes and outlook the students have on their current education, as well as plans for further education. Primary research is an integral part to my project, and if you would kindly take 10 minutes to quickly fill out this questionnaire it would be greatly appreciated. Most answers only require you to tick a box or provide a ranking, and all answers are anonymous throughout the entire process. This is applicable to those already finished year 12 as well!

• Gender ; M [ ] F [ ]
• Age; _______
• Which type of school do you currently attend/finish your schooling career at;
Public School [ ] Private School [ ] Selective School [ ]
• Rank importance of the influencing factors on your decision to attend current school (1=least important factor, 8=most important);

Educational opportunities [ ] 

Extra-curricular opportunities (e.g. sports, music, theatre) [ ]

Affordability [ ]

Family (e.g. siblings at same school) [ ]

Friends [ ]

Religion [ ]

Location [ ]

Social beliefs or stigma towards certain schools [ ]
• Will you/did you receive a UAI/ATAR score or a HSC mark;

UAI/ATAR [ ] HSC [ ]
• How serious is/was your attitude toward your Higher School Certificate exams(1=not very serious, 10=very serious); ________________________
• How serious is/was your attitude toward your School Certificate exams (1=not very serious, 10=very serious); _____________________________
• How serious is/was your attitude toward your final secondary school exams (other countries)(1=not very serious, 10= very serious); _______________________
• Are you comfortable in your current school environment; Y [ ] N [ ]
• Are you motivated in your current school environment; Y [ ] N [ ]
• Rank how well you have achieved in your education at school (1=not very well, 10=to the very best of my abilities); ______________________________
• Rank how well you have achieved in extra-curricular activities at school e.g. Sports, debating, band, student committees, school based clubs or teams etc (1=not very well, 10=to the very best of my abilities); ____________________________
• Do you believe a different education system would have potentially been a better choice for you?; Y [ ] N [ ]

If yes, tick the boxes for all reasons that apply
;
Education [ ]

Extra-curricular opportunities [ ]

Social Scene [ ]

Friendlier environment [ ]

Bullying [ ]

Other _____________________________________________________________

• Rank the importance on what you believe to be the most important social values (e.g. what you would look for in a friend) from those listed below (1=least important, 11=most important);

Honesty [ ]

Integrity [ ]

Individuality [ ]

Brains [ ]

Beauty [ ]

Likes/Dislikes [ ]

Faith and Ideals [ ]

Confidence [ ]

Morals and Values [ ]

Social Aptness [ ]

Humour [ ]
• Rank what you believe to be the most important elements for your future (1=least important, 11=most important);

Education [ ]

Career [ ]

Travel [ ]

Love [ ]

Having Children [ ]

Marriage [ ]

Meeting new people [ ]

Doing something meaningful [ ]

Doing the things you want or plan to do [ ]

Money [ ]

Being with friends and family [ ]

Mail answers to my email tickticktomorrow@live.com.au
or in reply to this thread
or as a private message through this site
Thank You!

HSC
Uni Grad
• Gender ; M
• Age; 18
Public School [X] Private School [ ] Selective School [ ]
• Rank importance of the influencing factors on your decision to attend current school (1=least important factor, 8=most important);

Educational opportunities [6] 

Extra-curricular opportunities (e.g. sports, music, theatre) [3]

Affordability [4]

Family (e.g. siblings at same school) [2]

Friends [7]

Religion [1]

Location [8]

Social beliefs or stigma towards certain schools [5]

UAI/ATAR [X] HSC [X]
• How serious is/was your attitude toward your Higher School Certificate exams(1=not very serious, 10=very serious); 7
• How serious is/was your attitude toward your School Certificate exams (1=not very serious, 10=very serious); 9
• How serious is/was your attitude toward your final secondary school exams (other countries)(1=not very serious, 10= very serious); _______________________
• Are you comfortable in your current school environment; Y [X] N [ ]
• Are you motivated in your current school environment; Y [X] N [ ]
• Rank how well you have achieved in your education at school (1=not very well, 10=to the very best of my abilities); 8
• Rank how well you have achieved in extra-curricular activities at school e.g. Sports, debating, band, student committees, school based clubs or teams etc (1=not very well, 10=to the very best of my abilities); 0 never did any extra-curricular
• Do you believe a different education system would have potentially been a better choice for you?; Y [ ] N [X]

;
Education [ ]

Social Scene [ ]

Bullying [ ]

• Rank the importance on what you believe to be the most important social values (e.g. what you would look for in a friend) from those listed below (1=least important, 11=most important);

Honesty [9]

Integrity [5]

Individuality [4]

Brains [11]

Beauty [1]

Likes/Dislikes [6]

Faith and Ideals [7]

Confidence [3]

Morals and Values [8]

Social Aptness [2]

Humour [10]
• Rank what you believe to be the most important elements for your future (1=least important, 11=most important);

Education [10]

Career [11]

Travel [1]

Love [8]

Having Children [4]

Marriage [5]

Meeting new people [2]

Doing something meaningful [6]

Doing the things you want or plan to do [9]

Money [3]

Being with friends and family [7]

perkelerakkaus

HSC
N/A
• Gender ; M [ ] F [x]
• Age; 17
Public School [x] Private School [ ] Selective School [ ]

Educational opportunities [8] 

Extra-curricular opportunities (e.g. sports, music, theatre) [1]

Affordability [8]

Family (e.g. siblings at same school) [1]

Friends [1]

Religion [1]

Location [4]

Social beliefs or stigma towards certain schools [5]

UAI/ATAR [x] HSC [x]
• How serious is/was your attitude toward your Higher School Certificate exams(1=not very serious, 10=very serious); 6
• How serious is/was your attitude toward your School Certificate exams (1=not very serious, 10=very serious); 7
• How serious is/was your attitude toward your final secondary school exams (other countries)(1=not very serious, 10= very serious); 6
• Are you comfortable in your current school environment; Y [x] N [ ]
• Are you motivated in your current school environment; Y [ ] N [x]
• Rank how well you have achieved in your education at school (1=not very well, 10=to the very best of my abilities); 6-7
• Rank how well you have achieved in extra-curricular activities at school e.g. Sports, debating, band, student committees, school based clubs or teams etc (1=not very well, 10=to the very best of my abilities); 1
• Do you believe a different education system would have potentially been a better choice for you?; Y [x] N [ ]

;
Education [x]

Extra-curricular opportunities [x]

Social Scene [x]

Friendlier environment [x]

Bullying [x]

Other ...what can i say, i think i would've suited going to a non traditional school (unschooling- eg. a sudbury school)

Honesty [11]

Integrity [10]

Individuality [8]

Brains [10]

Beauty [1]

Likes/Dislikes [9]

Faith and Ideals [8]

Confidence [3]

Morals and Values [8]

Social Aptness [2]

Humour [7]

Education [7]

Career [6]

Travel [10]

Love [10]

Having Children [1]

Marriage [4]

Meeting new people [6]

Doing something meaningful [8]

Doing the things you want or plan to do [ 11]

Money [7]

Being with friends and family [7]

I am actually quite interested to know the results of this survey :)

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
• Gender ; M [ ] F [ *]
• Age; ___17____
Public School [ ] Private School [ ] Selective School [ ] TAFE
[*]

Educational opportunities [ 7] 

Extra-curricular opportunities (e.g. sports, music, theatre) [ ]

Affordability [ ]

Family (e.g. siblings at same school) [ ]

Friends [ ]

Religion [ ]

Location [8 ]

Social beliefs or stigma towards certain schools [ ]

UAI/ATAR [ *] HSC [ ]
• How serious is/was your attitude toward your Higher School Certificate exams(1=not very serious, 10=very serious); ______9__________________
• How serious is/was your attitude toward your School Certificate exams (1=not very serious, 10=very serious); _______4______________________
• How serious is/was your attitude toward your final secondary school exams (other countries)(1=not very serious, 10= very serious); ___________6____________
• Are you comfortable in your current school environment; Y [ *] N [ ]
• Are you motivated in your current school environment; Y [ *] N [ ]
• Rank how well you have achieved in your education at school (1=not very well, 10=to the very best of my abilities); _____________9_________________
• Rank how well you have achieved in extra-curricular activities at school e.g. Sports, debating, band, student committees, school based clubs or teams etc (1=not very well, 10=to the very best of my abilities); ______________9______________
• Do you believe a different education system would have potentially been a better choice for you?; Y [ *] N [ ]

;
Education [ *]

Extra-curricular opportunities [ *]

Social Scene [ ]

Bullying [ ]

Other ___more subjects available______________________________________

Honesty [ 10]

Integrity [ ]

Individuality [ 11]

Brains [ 2]

Beauty [ 1]

Likes/Dislikes [ ]

Faith and Ideals [ ]

Confidence [ ]

Morals and Values [ 8]

Social Aptness [ ]

Humour [ 9]

Education [ 3]

Career [ 9]

Travel [ 8]

Love [ 7]

Having Children [ 1]

Marriage [ 5]

Meeting new people [ 11]

Doing something meaningful [ 10]

Doing the things you want or plan to do [ 2]

Money [ 4]

Being with friends and family [6 ]

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
• Gender ; M [ ] F [X]
• Age; 16
Public School [ ] Private School [X] Selective School [ ]

Extra-curricular opportunities (e.g. sports, music, theatre) [6]

Affordability [7]

Family (e.g. siblings at same school) [4]

Friends [5]

Religion [3]

Location [1]

Social beliefs or stigma towards certain schools [2]

UAI/ATAR [X] HSC [ ]
• How serious is/was your attitude toward your Higher School Certificate exams(1=not very serious, 10=very serious); _____9__________________
• How serious is/was your attitude toward your School Certificate exams (1=not very serious, 10=very serious); __________7___________________
• How serious is/was your attitude toward your final secondary school exams (other countries)(1=not very serious, 10= very serious); ____________7___________
• Are you comfortable in your current school environment; Y [X] N [ ]
• Are you motivated in your current school environment; Y [ X] N [ ]
• Rank how well you have achieved in your education at school (1=not very well, 10=to the very best of my abilities); _____________7.5_________________
• Rank how well you have achieved in extra-curricular activities at school e.g. Sports, debating, band, student committees, school based clubs or teams etc (1=not very well, 10=to the very best of my abilities); ____________1________________
• Do you believe a different education system would have potentially been a better choice for you?; Y [X] N [ ]

;
Education [x]

Extra-curricular opportunities [x]

Social Scene [ ]

Bullying [x ]

Honesty [10]

Integrity [7]

Individuality [6]

Brains [1]

Beauty [3]

Likes/Dislikes [11]

Faith and Ideals [4]

Confidence [5]

Morals and Values [8]

Social Aptness [2]

Humour [9]

Education [ 8]

Career [ 9]

Travel [7]

Love [4 ]

Having Children [ 1]

Marriage [2 ]

Meeting new people [3 ]

Doing something meaningful [11]

Doing the things you want or plan to do [10]

Money [ 6]

Being with friends and family [ 5]

Mail answers to my email tickticktomorrow@live.com.au
or in reply to this thread
or as a private message through this site
Thank You!

little-writer

HSC
• Gender ; M [ ] F [ ]
• Age; 17
Public School [ ] Private School [ ] Selective School [ ]

Extra-curricular opportunities (e.g. sports, music, theatre) [4]

Affordability [5]

Family (e.g. siblings at same school) [1]

Friends [3]

Religion [2]

Location [7]

Social beliefs or stigma towards certain schools [6]

UAI/ATAR [ ] HSC [ ]
• How serious is/was your attitude toward your Higher School Certificate exams(1=not very serious, 10=very serious); 8
• How serious is/was your attitude toward your School Certificate exams (1=not very serious, 10=very serious); 8
• Are you comfortable in your current school environment; Y [ ] N [ ]
• Are you motivated in your current school environment; Y [ ] N [ ]
• Rank how well you have achieved in your education at school (1=not very well, 10=to the very best of my abilities); 8
• Rank how well you have achieved in extra-curricular activities at school e.g. Sports, debating, band, student committees, school based clubs or teams etc (1=not very well, 10=to the very best of my abilities); 5
• Do you believe a different education system would have potentially been a better choice for you?; Y [ ] N [ ]

;
Education [ ]

Social Scene [ ]

Bullying [ ]

Other __________________________________________________ ___________

Honesty [8]

Integrity [10]

Individuality [9]

Brains [7]

Beauty [1]

Likes/Dislikes [3]

Faith and Ideals [4]

Confidence [5]

Morals and Values [11]

Social Aptness [2]

Humour [6]

Education [5]

Career [4]

Travel [7]

Love [10]

Having Children [1]

Marriage [8]

Meeting new people [2]

Doing something meaningful [9]

Doing the things you want or plan to do [11]

Money [3]

Being with friends and family [6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)