• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

CAFS text books? (1 Viewer)

roci

HSC
Hey, I was just wondering if CAFS actually has text books based on the syllabus? By "text books" I don't mean excel, etc.
For those who have cafs, do any of your teachers hand you each a text book to work on? Or are they mostly sheets?
My teacher hasn't handed me any text books, but only sheets and overheads.
And Lately, I've relied more on self-study rather than my teacher, and it's only got me up to 80% in exams, and full marks in assessments.
I wasn't sure about CAFS text books since not many people I know do cafs
So, anyone??

HMF

Señor CAFS Dude
HSC
Hey, I have a few I know off. Obviously there is the Excel textbook, it is very helpful for revision so don't rule them out. There's a Heinemann Text book and you an find it on hi.com.au. That's all i know off, hopefully that can help u. So do you like CAFS?

clairebear41

HSC
Hey.
Thats a bit odd how you don't have a textbook. I rely on mine so much to get through exams. My teacher gave us all the Heinemann textbook, which is fantastic because it has all of the syllabus requirments from both year 11 and 12. It has a lot of detail in it, however does not cover all of the options. For example we are doing the social impact of technology for our option and the Heinemann texbook does not cover it at all, however excel does. Thats the only bad thing about it. I have the Excel book as well, which i find is great because its more summerised. I would advise you to buy the Heinemann book to be honest i don't think i would be going as well in CAFS without it.
I'm not sure if any other text books exist. Hope that helped :)

HSC
we use one :)

is the heinemann the one by louise weihen? or whatever her name is...i cbb checking LOL

roci

HSC
Wow, is the heinemann book one which the teacher gave you? or one that you bought yourself? Honestly, our teacher is really crap. That's why I've been relying on the excell text book, and afew resources from BOS.
We haven't had anything except for notes from one source. Is heinemann book you suggest available in any bookstore? Or would I have to order it?
Hmmmm, this has me doubting myself for the hsc, To think that other schools have CAFS text books to rely on except for ours.

roci

HSC
Hey, I have a few I know off. Obviously there is the Excel textbook, it is very helpful for revision so don't rule them out. There's a Heinemann Text book and you an find it on hi.com.au. That's all i know off, hopefully that can help u. So do you like CAFS?

CAFS isn't so bad, sometimes it's draggs to the point where I give up. But I really did enjoy the IRP and GIC cores. I've nearly finished Parenting and Caring and it's suich a draggggg.

Miss Code

HSC
Wow, is the heinemann book one which the teacher gave you? or one that you bought yourself? Honestly, our teacher is really crap. That's why I've been relying on the excell text book, and afew resources from BOS.
We haven't had anything except for notes from one source. Is heinemann book you suggest available in any bookstore? Or would I have to order it?
Hmmmm, this has me doubting myself for the hsc, To think that other schools have CAFS text books to rely on except for ours.
The Heinemann one is the one that my school gave us in year 11. I think you would have to order it. Don't doubt yourself, it will be ok, try and get this textbook. I cannot believe that your school never gave you's ones thats really bad!
Good luck, if you need anymore help dont worry everyones willing to help

:)

HSC
The Heinemann one is the one that my school gave us in year 11. I think you would have to order it. Don't doubt yourself, it will be ok, try and get this textbook. I cannot believe that your school never gave you's ones thats really bad!
Good luck, if you need anymore help dont worry everyones willing to help

:)
yeah same...well we had to buy ours :)
we rely on our texbook so much, especially for GIC.

Mz Prettifull

HSC
haha roci i noe u..lol :haha:

but yeah i teacher does i so gay...
if i dnt get any textbooks or anything im not going to get far :uhoh:

roci

HSC
Hey guys :D
We found the book! And we're planning to order it ourselves
Thanks guys for the help :))) I really appreciate it!

judithanne

HSC
N/A
There is text called, oddly enough, "Community and Family Studies. Published by Heinemann. By Louise Weihen, Sarah Chapman, Benadette Duggan and Bryan Wood. It covers Prelim and HSC. You could probably order it straight from the publishers or a good bookshop.
Hope this helps.

Miss Code

HSC
There is text called, oddly enough, "Community and Family Studies. Published by Heinemann. By Louise Weihen, Sarah Chapman, Benadette Duggan and Bryan Wood. It covers Prelim and HSC. You could probably order it straight from the publishers or a good bookshop.
Hope this helps.
hehe thats the one we told her about :) Im actually using it right now to type notes out :)

Jamie Lee Wirtz

HSC
N/A
There are a few new textbooks that have just been released. One of the authors is Bronwyn Reyner. Others are quite good I hear but I dont know who wrote them. The Heinmann book is not the best and it is becoming very outdated, i used it in high school and I am a CAFS teacher now, so try to get your hands on the new ones if you can or ask your teacher to order them.

HSC
^yeah our teacher photocopied a bit from one of the new textbooks for us before the hsc. it was soooo good!

Kat92

HSC
^yeah our teacher photocopied a bit from one of the new textbooks for us before the hsc. it was soooo good!
Yeah, we pretty much done the same thing. We were given worksheets and used the Heniemann and Excel textbooks. Closer to our HSC we were given past papers, multiple choice and photocopies from the newer versions. Really great preparation and feedback through this process. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)